DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery has only one latch

Randy_Culp

Reactions
I just had one of the side latches on a Mavic battery break off. When I install the battery in the Mavic it seems like it's secure with only one latch. Have there been reports of issues flying a Mavic on a battery that is missing one of the latches?

I wouldn't attempt to fly with the battery not latched correctly. There have been a number of reports on this board of Mavics falling out of the sky since their battery was not properly secured.

I wouldn't attempt to fly with the battery not latched correctly. There have been a number of reports on this board of Mavics falling out of the sky since their battery was not properly secured.
That's what I was afraid of. Hate to see $80 down the drain but better than seeing $1000 down the drain...

rubber band?

I’m not afraid of it falling out, it’s pretty secure in that sense. The concern is that it vibrates loose enough to have a bad contact and lose control, then just drop. Not sure if a rubber band can prevent that kind of problem. Maybe. Right now my thought is to use it for software downloads, calibration, setup, ground testing, that sort of thing, keep the other batteries for flying (I have two more), and eventually back fill this one. IMG_5971.JPG

Reactions: frank candor
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka