DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery help

GavieboyDji

Reactions
I was flying last night and when I came to change my battery over I noticed the battery was very warm and was puffed out underneath.
I always let them cool down before every charge cycle this battery only has about 60 flights on it. Before I came to charge them all up I checked the battery again and the puffy battery has gone down.

What I'm asking is should I drop this battery to one I use when I'm at home for when I'm messing around with firmware updates

If its puffed on the bottom, I would just stop using it. If you try to fly with it, then it might puff more during the flight, and eject itself while airborne. Even if its latched in well, puffing can distort the frame, and force the battery loose.

If its puffed on the bottom, I would just stop using it. If you try to fly with it, then it might puff more during the flight, and eject itself while airborne. Even if its latched in well, puffing can distort the frame, and force the battery loose.
Yeah it's already happened to me that before and ended in a 300 quid bill.
Dropped straight onto a empty car park.

I will keep it for messing about with firmware updating and messing around at home battery.

While battery failure when flying is known to be something that is to be avoided I’d say that another thing I’d avoid was loss of power while updating firmware. You could brick your drone and end up with a perfectly formed Mavic Doorstop. Just use the slightly puffed battery as a power bank for something that needs charging.

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet