DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Issue

ddodell

Reactions
After updating my Smart Controller, I'm now getting the error "Battery Signal Error ... Please check the battery connection"

This has happened on two out of three batteries?

What the heck is going on?

Any advice?

Screen shots below

Screenshot_20210102-163638.pngScreenshot_20210102-163624.pngScreenshot_20210102-163614.png

I did a factory reset on the controller. Now it is being recognized by the Smart Assistant, but batteries still report "Battery Signal Error" ... I know it isn't the drone or the connector, since I have one out of three batteries still working ... the other two are now giving me that error, both on the Smart Controller and also on the DJI App (iphone) via the stock controller ... nothing about a battery firmware update needed.

Very frustrated that $300 worth of batteries just not working ... when no issues before the update. Batteries in excellent shape, holding chart, no bulging, seats well on Mavic 2 Pro ... tracking back on these forums, multiple complaints of this happening and no constructive fixes from DJI ... and of course, the batteries are out of the 6 month "warranty" period ... so am I now out $300 worth of batteries because of an update gone bad?

I did a factory reset on the controller. Now it is being recognized by the Smart Assistant, but batteries still report "Battery Signal Error" ... I know it isn't the drone or the connector, since I have one out of three batteries still working ... the other two are now giving me that error, both on the Smart Controller and also on the DJI App (iphone) via the stock controller ... nothing about a battery firmware update needed.

Very frustrated that $300 worth of batteries just not working ... when no issues before the update. Batteries in excellent shape, holding chart, no bulging, seats well on Mavic 2 Pro ... tracking back on these forums, multiple complaints of this happening and no constructive fixes from DJI ... and of course, the batteries are out of the 6 month "warranty" period ... so am I now out $300 worth of batteries because of an update gone bad?
I believe you have to update each battery after any firmware update. Do a search on youtube, for example:

I think Ravenman is correct. Did you update each battery separately? My updates are finicky sometimes. Zoom would not update in the app. Had to use my desktop to do the bird, the remote and all 3 batterys individually

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400