DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery level and impact on aircraft performance

Sallee

Reactions
Is there any thruth that when battery lvl drop under 60% drone goes in some sort of power saving mode, limiting maximum preformance of drone motors to get more flight time? for Mavic Mini drone

the flight time from the battery is totally dependant on how the drone is being flown ,so if you use sport mode it will not fly as long as it would if you were in Cine mode ,like wise every time you climb you will be using more battery than you would in level flight ,also weather can have an effect on battery life as can the cold ,your post is the first i have heard of a power saving mode ,lipos once they are below around 40% charge ,will struggle with current flow when a large power demand is made of them, and this can trigger a low battery warning as the cells voltage drops significantly ,and will also cause the drone to self land,if one or more cells voltage drops into the 3 volt range

Reactions: Thomas B
the flight time from the battery is totally dependant on how the drone is being flown ,so if you use sport mode it will not fly as long as it would if you were in Cine mode ,like wise every time you climb you will be using more battery than you would in level flight ,also weather can have an effect on battery life as can the cold ,your post is the first i have heard of a power saving mode ,lipos once they are below around 40% charge ,will struggle with current flow when a large power demand is made of them, and this can trigger a low battery warning as the cells voltage drops significantly ,and will also cause the drone to self land,if one or more cells voltage drops into the 3 volt range
its must something i didnt understand correctly , thanks for explanation

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman