DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery life

spitfire93

Reactions
Hello,

I purchased my Mavic on Feb 2017. On the back of my Mavic battery, it lists the capacity as 3830 mAh

I have two batteries, the one that came with the mavic charged 22 times and the other one charged 14 times.

On a 100% charge (values from the battery section of the dji go 4 app):

The total capacity of the first battery is 3608 mAh

The total capacity of the latter battery is 3658 mAh

Do you guys have similar figures?
Is this excess battery drain?

I have never left my batteries at 100% for more than 2 days

Cheers,

Tim

They will never be the same even if you charged/discharged each of them the same number of cycles.... and yes, over time you will slowly have less capacity.

This is the reason for that "deep discharge" DJI recommends... this re calibrates the % readings based off of the new total capacity.... it does NOT make the battery all new again, it is just a reset so your % cut off's and warnings remain somewhat accurate.

Personally I never deep discharge my lipo batteries, as deep discharges is not that good for them. Instead I have learned to watch the cell voltage on my screen :)

Reactions: spitfire93
LiPo battery has no issue with charge and discharge cycle. The performance will drop by time even if you don't use it.

What voltage do you wrap it up ar?

I usually just go by the percentage scale, I try to land at round 25%. I think that's around 3.6v hovering and over 3.7v with the mavic idle afterwards.
Currently at 69 charges on my daily flyer battery with the current capacity of 3676mah according to the app. I don't deep cycle my batteries and only let it go below 20% if I really need to get a shot. What I am 'religious' about though is letting it cool down to room temperature completely before recharging.

Reactions: Flylongjohn
So then, I'm curious: If a new battery has a capacity of 3830 mAh's and then after 25 or so charges is has a capacity of, just for example, 3600 mAh's, how much less time in the air does that loss of 230 mAh's equate to? I know flying style varies as does power consumption, but I'm just wondering if 230 less mAh capacity means only seconds off a flight or a minute or more?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa