DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery life?

miemo

Reactions
How’s everyone finding their battery life on Osmo Action? The documentation says around hour for 4K/60 so I was a bit shocked to only clock in about 30mins of video on very first test with my brand new unit before the battery died out. I shot 4k, 2.7k & 1080p in 60fps, 25fps & 240fps (testing out image quality with different settings). And did also shoot a quick time lapse video with 3-5mins of shooting time.

I did also connect to Osmo from my iPhone on several occasions to review footage, but probably not more than for 5-10 mins connection time altogether. Could that explain the relatively huge difference in what is stated and what I got out? Is the wifi operation really THAT battery-consuming?

Some types of rechargeable batteries require a few charge cycles to get the best performance. Not sure if this applies to the Osmo batteries.

Reactions: fozzzy
How’s everyone finding their battery life on Osmo Action? The documentation says around hour for 4K/60 so I was a bit shocked to only clock in about 30mins of video on very first test with my brand new unit before the battery died out. I shot 4k, 2.7k & 1080p in 60fps, 25fps & 240fps (testing out image quality with different settings). And did also shoot a quick time lapse video with 3-5mins of shooting time.

I did also connect to Osmo from my iPhone on several occasions to review footage, but probably not more than for 5-10 mins connection time altogether. Could that explain the relatively huge difference in what is stated and what I got out? Is the wifi operation really THAT battery-consuming?
From DJI FAQ

"Battery
1. How long is the battery life of Osmo Action?
A fully charged battery can support video recording at 1080P/30fps for up to 135 minutes (with RockSteady turned off), and 4K/60fps for up to 63 minutes (with RockSteady turned on)."

From DJI FAQ

"Battery
A fully charged battery can support video recording at 1080P/30fps for up to 135 minutes (with RockSteady turned off), and 4K/60fps for up to 63 minutes (with RockSteady turned on)."

DJI (and to be fair other drone makers) completely lie about battery life. Take whatever they state, multiple it by .7 and you're getting close to the actual functional use for batteries.

Reactions: miemo
From DJI FAQ

"Battery

Yeah, I've read that, thanks – exactly what I was referring to by writing "documentation says around hour for 4K/60". What I was after was some actual experience from other users.

Fared a bit better on the second cycle ride: 40+ minutes of video (mostly 4K), including several timelapses with 10% left when returning home. Did do some clip reviews on device but no wifi connection this time. Guess I can live with this, but will need extra batteries for anything more substancial…

Reactions: fozzzy
Fared a bit better on the second cycle ride: 40+ minutes of video (mostly 4K), including several timelapses with 10% left when returning home. Did do some clip reviews on device but no wifi connection this time. Guess I can live with this, but will need extra batteries for anything more substancial…
I've put in an alert to tell me when the batteries are available.

In the Arizona sun, I’m only getting about 35 minutes in 4K 60 with rocksteady on before the camera overheats and shuts down. Still have about 35% battery left at that point.

I think it's "rock steady" that's eating your juice..
Turn it off and battery is close to oem description.
I realize that the rock steady is what you want but I don't think dji uses that mode to describe battery life.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada