DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Management Question

EJay

Reactions
I like to charge my batteries after use so they are ready for next use.
The automatic discharge is set to 10 days, but so far I have used or recharged them within 10 days.
This means that my batteries have been effectively stored fully charged since I have had my Mavic (3months)
Is this a problem for battery life?
Should I store them partially discharged?
Is it better to say use the 3 day or 10 day discharge setting?

Last edited:
I'm not sure that I've read a single complaint about the Mavic batteries losing their ability to take a charge or decreased flight times due to battery age. You're supposed to store them half charged but apparently the batteries are smarter then most of the drone operators.

Thanks for the "Battery Safety Guidelines" ed1nh0.
I noted that a battery should be Discharged and Charged at least one over 3 months, so I might number my batteries to make sure each one gets used.
Basically they are smart at looking after themselves.

Thanks for the "Battery Safety Guidelines" ed1nh0.
I noted that a battery should be Discharged and Charged at least one over 3 months, so I might number my batteries to make sure each one gets used.
Basically they are smart at looking after themselves.
No prob!
Number them is a good ideia. I did that also.
You can see how many times a battery has been charged in the advanced settings of the battery menu. So you can use them equally.

I know I'm probably being dense but what exactly happens if my 3 batteries are left fully charged after the 10 day setting ? Do they discharge themselves after 10 days .. sorry I'm confused as to how this works
Kevin from York Uk
Anyone close by?

I know I'm probably being dense but what exactly happens if my 3 batteries are left fully charged after the 10 day setting ? Do they discharge themselves after 10 days .. sorry I'm confused as to how this works
Kevin from York Uk
Anyone close by?

Yes, they will automatically discharge themselves. You can change the setting from 10 days to something that fits your situation, you just need to do it for each battery, it's not a global setting.

Reactions: k3vnnyork
Yes, they will automatically discharge themselves. You can change the setting from 10 days to something that fits your situation, you just need to do it for each battery, it's not a global setting.

Wow thank you so much for the advice will now set each battery !
Kevin from York UK

if my 3 batteries are left fully charged after the 10 day setting ? Do they discharge themselves after 10 days
If the setting is set to 10 days (the default setting), the battery will start discharging after 10 days have passed. If you press the battery button during those 10 days, the 10-day counter will be reset. It will take up to 2-3 days beyond the 10th day to discharge the battery down to the storage level.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Memet