DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

battery not turn on

hewo

Reactions
perfectly un-abused battery 2018 mid year does not turn on
is it circuitry or is it lipo?
never been abused, always cooled before charging and charging always successful and no knocks either by impacts
is the only option rma?
i believe this triggered event was from refreshing asst2v1.2.5 just upgraded from asst2v1.2.4

perfectly un-abused battery 2018 mid year does not turn on
is it circuitry or is it lipo?
never been abused, always cooled before charging and charging always successful and no knocks either by impacts
is the only option rma?
i believe this triggered event was from refreshing asst2v1.2.5 just upgraded from asst2v1.2.4
No telling unless you want to disassemble the battery and have schematics of the circuitry and the facilities to test it all. If you are correct and it is a firmware error then you get to try to trace down the code glitch. I read somewhere that at least some of the DJI batteries are Samsung 18650 battery packs. I vape and use a lot of 18650's and they can just croak with no prior notice. Pretty rare occurrence but it can happen. I'm not sure how much DJI would entertain an RMA on a two year old battery either. The original design for 18650 batteries was for long period, low current operation. Adopting them for things like our drones and vaping for that matter was not in the plan.

No telling unless you want to disassemble the battery and have schematics of the circuitry and the facilities to test it all. If you are correct and it is a firmware error then you get to try to trace down the code glitch. I read somewhere that at least some of the DJI batteries are Samsung 18650 battery packs. I vape and use a lot of 18650's and they can just croak with no prior notice. Pretty rare occurrence but it can happen. I'm not sure how much DJI would entertain an RMA on a two year old battery either. The original design for 18650 batteries was for long period, low current operation. Adopting them for things like our drones and vaping for that matter was not in the plan.
Sorry bud, there is no 18650 inside mavic air battery. There is a way to reset your battery, but it is very technical. You need to have a parallel power to drone and then force a firmware refresh. Battery will come back to life...

Reactions: SmilingOgre

This is the only video I could manage from this russian fellow. You can translate to English and check his method. He is actually hacking the battery to put 18650 inside mavic air. But doing that the battery gets bricked. At 20.00 you can check the recovery process

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+