DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Question

Busaman

Reactions
I bought the fly more kit and have three batteries. I only use two as conserving the third and have never opened it. Will it hurt it if not used? It's been two months now .

It's not worse, it's not better. There are a few variables about how low and how high batteries are (de-)charged each time. But when using a good charger that is rarely something to worry about. Most important is the cycle count. How often charge/discharge. And hence, whether you spread the cycles over two and then add one, or over three to begin with doesn't matter. I have numbered the three that I have and make sure I rotate them evenly.

Last edited:
I bought the fly more kit and have three batteries. I only use two as conserving the third and have never opened it. Will it hurt it if not used? It's been two months now .

Just keep it charged to around 40% - 50% and dont let it go much higher or lower that that for an extended time. Also, keep it indoors instead of in your garage or car, they will last longer.

Quoting another member, "The self discharge of the DJI batteries will look after reducing the the charge on a fully charged battery but you will need to check periodically that the battery charge hasn't dropped too low and top up to say 50% if it has. Lipo batteries can die if they are left to discharge fully."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piason