DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery slight discolor, should I be concerned?

GrafXXX

Reactions
Hello
I read a lot about battery swelling or batteries becoming stuck in the drone, unable to remove the battery. I recently noticed this dark mark on on the back side of one of my ma2 batteries. It’s smooth no scuffs or scratching, just discolor. HEAT related? Thoughts?
Thanks in advance0925D807-DEAC-4FB1-AACB-F482940D7038.jpeg49E7C136-2157-4554-ABE9-26BE4E25B124.jpegA68FD91E-AED2-456D-BEE1-A829B76DCE0B.jpeg91DD6685-6E33-427B-83AA-22F7FB771CA7.jpeg

I thought same thing but it won’t come off, I have a Screen print shop and sign shop, so I have mild cleaners up to hazardous cleaners, nothing wipes it off

it’s very weird

Doesn't look to be heat induced. You could try either GooGone (breaks adhesion) or even an abrasive pad.

Or just fly with it. You can’t see it from 15-20’ away and if it was some sign of malfunction seeing the mark would keep you hypervigilant for problems when you use it or inspect pre/post flight.

• Haha
Reactions: SmilingOgre
Well i feel better that no one said, DON"T USE IT, THATS A BAD SIGN. So ill just keep an eye on it its just weird that its discolored there, I was thinking of using some of the good ( respirator required ) cleaning solvents I have in my shops yellow liquid storage fire cabinet but I think I'll keep the unique look and if anyone asks i'll just tell them its a special edition 90 minute battery or something

thanks

FWIW some of my batteries have green scuff marks from when the time the drone became closely acquainted with nature (hit a tree) :) - Batteries are fine.

Looks like dirt to me too. I would not worry about that if the batt is working fine.

Using the M2 battery as a reference, no part of the cells are in that position. If it is a neat related discoloration, it would be from the BMS circuit board. Probably a one time occurance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada