DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery storage time

bigdaddie

Reactions
Probably been asked before but my search didn't find and direct hits. I know on the other drones you can set the battery self storage time. It seems on the MA2 they discharge about every 3-5 days. Just short enough for them to be depleted by the time I'm ready to use them. Does anyone have a work around for this?

Thanks,
BD

Reactions: Rigle
ideally you should only charge the batteries the evening before you are going to fly
the MA2 batteries are slightly different to other mavics in the fact that they drop down to 96% charge 24 hours after being fully charged ,then they start to self discharge i believe 3 days later ,this only applies if they have been fully charged and not used ,if you just leave them around 45 to 65 percent after a flying session then the self discharge does not kick in

As info -
For the Pro/Zoom - You can set the # of days within the app. Default time for our batteries is 5 days.
Not so for the Air's I suppose.....

ideally you should only charge the batteries the evening before you are going to fly
the MA2 batteries are slightly different to other mavics in the fact that they drop down to 96% charge 24 hours after being fully charged ,then they start to self discharge i believe 3 days later ,this only applies if they have been fully charged and not used ,if you just leave them around 45 to 65 percent after a flying session then the self discharge does not kick in

It's 24 hours to 96% and 5 days to 60%. These times are not changeable on the Mavic Air 2.

I have read though I have not been able to verify it but pressing the on off indicator button resets the discharge time that you can select with MP2. Does anyone know about this?

WDK

I have read though I have not been able to verify it but pressing the on off indicator button resets the discharge time that you can select with MP2. Does anyone know about this?

WDK

I'm not sure about that, but I do know if you power up the drone with the battery it resets the timer.

I'm not sure about that, but I do know if you power up the drone with the battery it resets the timer.

That also may be true, however weather or not it is anomaly I have found that when I have powered up to make some adjustments to my settings and the internal battery counts. I would be on count 34, 100 percent, power up for three minutes, shut down at 96 percent and then go out and power up again and my count is 35....not on the same count with my other two batteries. If I fly and charge all three again the one I used to test with would be 36 and the other two would be 35. I hope that makes since.

WDK

I believe the same is true turning the battery on and then off again, even outside of the drone. Simply checking the battery state of charge alone does not reset the timers.

Reactions: dawgpilot
It is ok to store batteries with 20%?
No. Leaving them stored with less than 60% is potentially problematic. Too low is as bad as too high. You can even safely take them down to 0%, but don't leave them that low for long. The protective algorithm expects you to charge them fully after use.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abhijeet Kirtane