DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

battery swelling

While I have luckily not had swelling of any of my three Zoom batteries (purchased a year ago October), the other day I could not get one of them to charge using a multi-charger - actually, I have two of those things and neither seemed to overcome the errant flashing of one battery. It just kept oddly flashing and never got additional green quarter circles. So I dug out the original DJI battery charger and that did work to charge the battery. I have not flown with it yet and will be careful since obviously something about that battery was acting up.

Battery Production date, as displayed in GO 4?

I'll have to check, but I purchased the Mavic 2 as soon as it came out, so these would be first run batteries. I took a flight yesterday in strong wind using sports mode. A battery with no swelling came back hot and bulging hard after the flight.

I'll have to check, but I purchased the Mavic 2 as soon as it came out, so these would be first run batteries. I took a flight yesterday in strong wind using sports mode. A battery with no swelling came back hot and bulging hard after the flight.
The suspect battery Production Dates are 2018.07 and 2018.08 which were unfortunately the ones shipped to the early adopters.

Last edited:
I went out and flew today and when I landed, took the battery out I noticed that the battery was swelling. Is this normal after a flight or should I be looking for another battery ?
Thank you
I recommend you never put this battery in flight again. It places your drone at risk.
I have one from my M2P that I use for groundwork only.

Reactions: ff22
I recommend you never put this battery in flight again. It places your drone at risk.
I have one from my M2P that I use for groundwork only.
Yes, the swelling in flight could potentially cause the battery to detach from its clips and then from its electrical interface, depending upon the degree of expansion, which is exacerbated by higher ambient temperatures and longer flight times. No electrical connection results in an immediate unplanned "landing"! :oops:

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu