DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

battery

dubveeh

Reactions
Having an issue with my M2P battery. I was flying yesterday and my battery went to about 15%. i shut it off and went inside. went to charge it about an hour later and it wouldn't turn on. saw it may be in hibernation so i plugged it in and left it overnight. Nothing. I then tested to see if my charger was malfunctioning and it seems to be fully functional. Any ideas?

Having an issue with my M2P battery. I was flying yesterday and my battery went to about 15%. i shut it off and went inside. went to charge it about an hour later and it wouldn't turn on. saw it may be in hibernation so i plugged it in and left it overnight. Nothing. I then tested to see if my charger was malfunctioning and it seems to be fully functional. Any ideas?
I accidentally left the drone on overnight.
Same thing battery never came back.
Not much you can do.

Interesting. Battery should shut off before it reaches the point of no return.
What should happen and what actually happens with Lithium battery chemistry may be 2 different things depending on how robust the BMS is...and what kind of steady-state drain these drones have. Even with my car, I never run the battery below ~20% and let it "sit" (which is essentially what happened here--although it was probably more like 5%).

Reactions: Rojan
What should happen and what actually happens with Lithium battery chemistry may be 2 different things depending on how robust the BMS is...and what kind of steady-state drain these drones have. Even with my car, I never run the battery below ~20% and let it "sit" (which is essentially what happened here--although it was probably more like 5%).
Never store a lithium battery without recharging it to at least 60%.
DJI smart batteries will auto-discharge to a safe storage level after a period of time, so you could fully charge before storage.

Its not up to the Li chemistry, it's up to the power management. BMS/AC shouldn't allow external drain below 3v unless in flight.

But Li batteries ship at around 25%, so....
Yes, but that’s a UN38 requirement for shipping, it’s to reduce the risk of fire and explosion during transit. Most lithium chemistry batteries similar such as our drone batteries have a built-in BMS and discharge the battery to the manufacturers specified long term ‘storage level’ for reliability, not necessarily for safety.
DJI use 60-65% as that level iirc, it’s a fairly common one to use and avoids long term stress on the electrolyte so common sense suggests recharging to a level where the BMS can do its job.
I evaluate batteries (it’s a term for anything from a single cell or multi cell battery pack) as part of product safety evaluations. There is a huge amount of energy available in lithium cells, even coin/button cells so abusing them is a really bad idea!

Here is some info about battery. Check this out your self, great info, this is only a snap shot, but very good reading when you find it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-13 at 4.24.44 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-13 at 4.24.44 PM.png
    682.9 KB · Views: 11
Attached photo of the MA2 battery time meter, to ask, if in case of physical degradation of the batteries, are these indications reliable? Or like Parrot Anafi, they do not take this degradation into account, and give false indications causing the drone to fall ?

Attachments

• MA2-IndicaçaoBateria.JPG
    MA2-IndicaçaoBateria.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 17
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman