DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

battery

I've read every thread about such things. Two points. The battery will only pull what it can so if you use a 140watt charger it won't be any faster than a 65watt (I think that's the limit but not sure) charger. The only question is whether you want to buy a chinese charger that can charge several batteries at the same time. There are no known high quality chargers that I know about that have been "vetted" by many people as being safe and reliable. I know there are some out there available from Alibaba but you definitely are at some risk. I'd love to see an electricians evaluation of some of them but that's not been done as far as I know. I have 5 batteries for each of my drones and often take two or three out for a day of shooting. With two car chargers that can charge at full speed I am able to keep flying, charging, flying...throughout the day. I hope somebody chimes in with a solid recommendation for a multi-battery charger with more than "it works OK for me" recommendation because I've read horror stories about more than one of them.

Reactions: michaeldallen1
I've read every thread about such things. Two points. The battery will only pull what it can so if you use a 140watt charger it won't be any faster than a 65watt (I think that's the limit but not sure) charger. The only question is whether you want to buy a chinese charger that can charge several batteries at the same time. There are no known high quality chargers that I know about that have been "vetted" by many people as being safe and reliable. I know there are some out there available from Alibaba but you definitely are at some risk. I'd love to see an electricians evaluation of some of them but that's not been done as far as I know. I have 5 batteries for each of my drones and often take two or three out for a day of shooting. With two car chargers that can charge at full speed I am able to keep flying, charging, flying...throughout the day. I hope somebody chimes in with a solid recommendation for a multi-battery charger with more than "it works OK for me" recommendation because I've read horror stories about more than one of them.
I have two of the Hanatora chargers, one Air 2S and one Mavic 3. Thay both work great, have DC plugs for the car and discharge cycles.719CeLznH5L._AC_SX679_.jpg71c55aFhsdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Attachments

• 719CeLznH5L._AC_SX679_.jpg
    719CeLznH5L._AC_SX679_.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 6
  • 71c55aFhsdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71c55aFhsdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 6
Good to know.

The Yx parallel battery chargers have been popular for some years now.

View attachment 173187
Used the Gen 1 YX (the blue one) for over four years. Solid performance and reliable as sunrise. Recently upgraded to their Gen 2 version that has volt & amp readouts as well as a 'charge to storage voltage' (60%) feature. Still use both. Tried and long-term tested.... Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Nope, it has discharge circuitry, probably resistors of some type. It does get hot.
Thanks for clarifying. Can the same port on the side of the hub use the attached batteries as a power bank for other devices instead?

Yes the M3 batteries can power other devices through the USB port on the side.
Don't plug in the power supply, insert battery into charger and turn it on. Plug in power bank or other USB device to the side port.
Just got mine, it's great, thanks Mobilehomer. You can discharge batteries to storage mode or any other percentage you like (increments of 5%). You can insert the batteries to see how much charge is remaining. All this much better than using an expensive drone as a battery maintenance tool.
For Canadians, Mobilehomers link doesn't work, you have to go to Amazon.ca

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Yes the M3 batteries can power other devices through the USB port on the side.
Don't plug in the power supply, insert battery into charger and turn it on. Plug in power bank or other USB device to the side port.
Just got mine, it's great, thanks Mobilehomer. You can discharge batteries to storage mode or any other percentage you like (increments of 5%). You can insert the batteries to see how much charge is remaining. All this much better than using an expensive drone as a battery maintenance tool.
For Canadians, Mobilehomers link doesn't work, you have to go to Amazon.ca
An almost identical knockoff by Taoke for $10 more also advertises this capability.
IMG_1003.jpeg

Thanks for clarifying. Can the same port on the side of the hub use the attached batteries as a power bank for other devices instead?

Some chargers feature an adjustable final charge level, rather than always charging to full charge. It's handy when you're just topping a flown battery up to storage level.

Some chargers feature an adjustable final charge level, rather than always charging to full charge. It's handy when you're just topping a flown battery up to storage level.
My problem is the opposite. Trying to get 96% battery to top off to 100% before flight. DJI has made that very difficult. You must first manually discharge it to 95% or below, or it refuses to add any more charge on any charger, because of the internal battery FW algorithms that prohibit it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne