DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Be carefull flying at night - see the antenna to the right

Thanks for sharing

Looks like you cleared it just fine. 👍

Thankfully you were above the point of any guy wires that may have supported it.

They're impossible to see at night.

So Why would anyone fly at night in a place were they first haven't scoped out all the hazards in the daytime. Thats just asking for trouble

Reactions: twickers14
So Why would anyone fly at night in a place were they first haven't scoped out all the hazards in the daytime. Thats just asking for trouble
One reason that I can imagine is that they are so used to flying there in daylight that they forget that obstacles might be invisible at night

Not sure I would pop my drone up at night and certainly not over a built up area. Hey ho, your drone (what do you have?) lived to fly another day, er night.

Glad you got through unscathed! Enjoy safe and happy flying!

Hmmm... because they're human?

Most of us here are not as perfect as some others, and make mistakes.

Reactions: Joeblow
Main thing is you should of been higher than anything in the area at night.

Unless the shot you were trying to get required being at that height.

pay close attention to this nighttime video, and you will notice the antenna to the right I did not see.
The rule of thumb when flying at night is have VLOS whenever possible, but even then you might not see some obstacles. Fly a bit higher, and if possible, check the area closely during the day, especially from the drone to note some high obstacles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian