DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Beautiful Saudi Arabia from above

DKAerial

Reactions
Hello everyone,

after some time I was able to travel again, this time to Saudi Arabia and I have to say I am impressed with the stunning landscape of this country.
Here are my highlights captured by drone:

Shot with Mavic 2 Pro and edited in Premiere Pro.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers,
DK

Nice filming but it looks like an uninhabitable planet to me.

Desert shots are wonderful, I really like the cliff flybys, and I also like the ancient ruins. The cities are densely populated and wow, I always thought SA was a very rich country, but it’s interesting to see the wide range of economic status and quality of living within such a small area (between buildings and adjacent neighborhoods). Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: camel and DKAerial
Just a fantastic new perspective of the city not many of us know to much about . The views , the fancy flying , the only thing that would have sealed this to Legend as the capturing the Reflection of the Drone in the Building to see the Drone and which one made the Flight.

Im curious when there is a Sand Storm is it possible to fly Above it with a Drone and capture it below.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. < Thru a Sand Storm.

Last edited:
Reactions: DKAerial
Hello everyone,

after some time I was able to travel again, this time to Saudi Arabia and I have to say I am impressed with the stunning landscape of this country.
Here are my highlights captured by drone:

Shot with Mavic 2 Pro and edited in Premiere Pro.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers,
DK
Awesome!

Just a fantastic new perspective of the city not many of us know to much about . The views , the fancy flying , the only thing that would have sealed this to Legend as the capturing the Reflection of the Drone in the Building to see the Drone and which one made the Flight.

Im curious when there is a Sand Storm is it possible to fly Above it with a Drone and capture it below.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. < Thru a Sand Storm.
I was indeed looking for sandstorms, at least to capture them from far away. What I head they can be very hefty, not sure how close one could get with the drone.
But would be interesting to try for sure :)

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I was indeed looking for sandstorms, at least to capture them from far away. What I head they can be very hefty, not sure how close one could get with the drone.
But would be interesting to try for sure :)
There are some beautiful aerial photos take from above and parallel to ominous looking sandstorms, definitely worth trying but watch out for dust devils within them- I’ve seen a line of them in front of a approaching duststorm once - they reminded me of a cavalry line in front of an approaching infantry battalion. I only had a minute to get out my compass and get a bearing back to my truck before we lost sight of it in all the dust.maintaining VLOS will be a challenge for you too.

My first thought! How did you get permission to fly so close to those high rise buildings? In fact, from what I've read, how did you get permission to fly your drone at all there?

My first thought! How did you get permission to fly so close to those high rise buildings? In fact, from what I've read, how did you get permission to fly your drone at all there?
Unfortunately you cant if you are not a local or if you have your Iqama (which you will get with a work or student visa). Since I am on a project here I have my Iqama and you can easily register via: UAS

Unfortunately you cant if you are not a local or if you have your Iqama (which you will get with a work or student visa). Since I am on a project here I have my Iqama and you can easily register via: UAS
Thank you for that information! I had it in my mind that several drone flyers would be frantically packing their equipment for a trip out there, only to have it all confiscated on arrival. There are some who do Not read up on rules and restrictions before travelling, and they pay the price.

Very good flying and giving me a taste of the area. I'm showing my ignorance but where does the food supply come from? Thanks
That is a very good question and trust me I cry every day about the food prices here... since the majority needs to be imported prices are ridiculous

Wow, incredible scenes, stunning! We were considering traveling there in October with a group but when I found out drones are not allowed for tourists I decided against it. We travel a lot and country's that allow drones often are the deciding factor for us now. You did a great job!!

Wow, incredible scenes, stunning! We were considering traveling there in October with a group but when I found out drones are not allowed for tourists I decided against it. We travel a lot and country's that allow drones often are the deciding factor for us now. You did a great job!!
Yeah, I fully agree with you. I also wanted to travel to other Arabic countries while I am here, but no chance... they make it really difficult to get a permit.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78