DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Because apparently I'm an idiot and can't remember to take my gimble cover off.... I found a solution.

I did something similar with a bit of surveyor's flagging tape and some "Duck Tape" brand fluorescent orange duct tape, both available at any hardware store (and already on-hand in my garage).

I like yours better; it looks more professional. But so far, mine has been sufficient to remind me to remove the gimbal cover for every flight. And I haven't had to search for the gimbal cover after misplacing it in the grass, either.

20210118_160617.jpg

red garter around the gimbal cover and body of an M2P, something similar to post 3 but facing the opposite direction for my MM

But weird all the same lol

Last edited by a moderator:
After you've been flying for a while, you might want to remove it permanently. It screams "new pilot!" How will you remember to turn on your video recording before every flight? Experience is a great teacher! Some of us had to learn the hard way, me included! ;)

Reactions: pinballwiz86
I did something similar with a bit of surveyor's flagging tape and some "Duck Tape" brand fluorescent orange duct tape, both available at any hardware store (and already on-hand in my garage).

I like yours better; it looks more professional. But so far, mine has been sufficient to remind me to remove the gimbal cover for every flight. And I haven't had to search for the gimbal cover after misplacing it in the grass, either.

View attachment 122019
I don’t know. I surveyed for over 20 years and that’s way more professional than a lot of stuff I’ve seen (cough and done) with survey flagging.

Reactions: Rich QR
After you've been flying for a while, you might want to remove it permanently. It screams "new pilot!" How will you remember to turn on your video recording before every flight? Experience is a great teacher! Some of us had to learn the hard way, me included! ;)
Well does it actually scream "new pilot" ? or does it scream "old brain"? Hmm

OR...you could use a flight checklist before each flight...just saying.

Reactions: JD Simpson
Well does it actually scream "new pilot" ? or does it scream "old brain"? Hmm
Old brains can still learn with the continual process known as repetition. Develop a simple preflight check list, and do it over and over....and over. It will just happen :p Look at the pictures of the drones with strobes, and a "Remove before flight ribbon" How do they remember to turn on the strobes but not remove the gimbal protector? When you have a foldable drone how do you remember to unfold the legs while staring right at the gimbal protector? Some questions are just unanswerable :oops:

I've been flying UAS for over 4 decades now and I still use a "Remove Before Flight" on every gimbal cover in our fleet. It saves me time and hassle in case I do over look it (and I did on the M2P recently which is why it now has one LOL) and have to land to resolve the issue. I take it off, place it in the carve our for the UAS so that when I go to replace it in the case the Red Tag is glaring at me LOL.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming