DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Because apparently I'm an idiot and can't remember to take my gimble cover off.... I found a solution.

Just another version. Fiberglass reinforced tape with the end painted orange. Drone is highlighted with fluorescent yellow duct tape. Not necessarily pretty or stylish, but it shows up well.
DC79F83A-A41B-4585-BD83-5A1669C2810D.jpeg
DAA2C157-AEDF-48BC-B2AA-A2E24335B7D3.jpeg

Reactions: BigAl07
After you've been flying for a while, you might want to remove it permanently. It screams "new pilot!" How will you remember to turn on your video recording before every flight? Experience is a great teacher! Some of us had to learn the hard way, me included! ;)
Hmm. I see "Remove Before Flight" ribbons on supersonic military aircraft. New pilot? And experience isn't a replacement for checklists and reminders. They're good practice, nothing to be embarrassed by.

For my MA2, I just used a rubber band with a piece of ribbon tied to it for the gimble cover reminder. Cheap and simple.

Reactions: Bob750
Wait, doesn’t Go app display a message about camera being blocked or something? Mine does. I’ve only left it on a couple of times when powering on, but the camera cant calibrate properly with the cover on, and I’d get a message pop up. Haven’t done it n a while so don’t remember the exact message.

After you've been flying for a while, you might want to remove it permanently. It screams "new pilot!" How will you remember to turn on your video recording before every flight? Experience is a great teacher! Some of us had to learn the hard way, me included! ;)

Na. Indicated you know an aviator!

Wait, doesn’t Go app display a message about camera being blocked or something? Mine does. I’ve only left it on a couple of times when powering on, but the camera cant calibrate properly with the cover on, and I’d get a message pop up. Haven’t done it n a while so don’t remember the exact message.

Well yea, but the message means, "HEY DUMMY! TOO STUPID TO TAKE THE COVER OFF?":p

Is there an issue if you just don't put the gimbal protector on the drone when you return it to the case? I've got one of the Nanuk 915 cases like the one shown in A.O.'s photo above. New to this and happy to get new viewpoints.

As i was in the air force technitian
Control systems power and mach more.
This R.B.F. red signal
Takes me years back
Way 2 go.

Guy

Good idea, though not the best spelling. Just getting into the habit of taking off the gimbal cover before unfolding the arms works for me.

This is what I've been doin' for 2+ years with my Mavic Air: View attachment 122341
I'm fascinated at the registered trademark symbol on what appears to be a simple and common English phrase that, taken alone, should not be subject to copyright or other intellectual property protections.

But it sure is. However, the trademark extends only to the registration document: The category of protected products provided to the USPTO for REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT are "Non-metal and non-leather key chains" and "clothing, namely, hats, visors, boxer shorts, and shirts." Kind of like "Members Only" on clothing is protected, but does not apply to a sign on a door to a club.

See REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT Trademark of Born Aviation Products, Inc. - Registration Number 3138548 - Serial Number 78680829 :: Justia Trademarks

So a ribbon that is used for the purposes discussed in this thread, that merely has the words "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" is arguably not violative of this trademark. Is the intended use to be used as a keychain? Not that I can see, unless the gimbal cover is a key.

I welcome attorneys that practice in IP, if any inhabit this forum, to chime in and concur or pillory my analysis.

Now back to ways to remember to remove that **** gimbal guard.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaVVT