DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Been away a while, pondering Mini 2

WEOTN

Reactions
I bought an original Mavic Pro back in the day, Also bought a refurb iPad mini Gen 4 for it. Haven't updated any software or firmware for it, it flew so well, why bother. Gain restrictions? Nah.

So now with the Mini 2 having a 4K cam, even longer flight times, and under the 250g point of government interference, I'm considering getting one.

BUT!

With the mini being upstaged just a year after introduction, will a Mini3 be forthcoming soon? I thought I'd come here looking for any rumors, but for how I use the Pro, the Mini 2 will satisfy. At least I think so. Weight restrictions will mean limiting additions and upgrades to retain the 249g point.

Anyway, the Mavic Pro has survived my learning, still has more features than I've used, though it has come in very handy in scouting out the road ahead of my truck/trailer when searching for remote sites to camp. (namely, is there a spot to turn around?).

I've made some videos to share with friends and family of places I've stayed, and enjoy doing so, though I'm not much into adding titles and music etc. Mostly just throw raw footage (fileage?} up on Vimeo to share.

Just checking in. If you know of any rumors of a Mini3, message me, I'll appreciate it!

I bought an original Mavic Pro back in the day, Also bought a refurb iPad mini Gen 4 for it. Haven't updated any software or firmware for it, it flew so well, why bother. Gain restrictions? Nah.

So now with the Mini 2 having a 4K cam, even longer flight times, and under the 250g point of government interference, I'm considering getting one.

BUT!

With the mini being upstaged just a year after introduction, will a Mini3 be forthcoming soon? I thought I'd come here looking for any rumors, but for how I use the Pro, the Mini 2 will satisfy. At least I think so. Weight restrictions will mean limiting additions and upgrades to retain the 249g point.

Anyway, the Mavic Pro has survived my learning, still has more features than I've used, though it has come in very handy in scouting out the road ahead of my truck/trailer when searching for remote sites to camp. (namely, is there a spot to turn around?).

I've made some videos to share with friends and family of places I've stayed, and enjoy doing so, though I'm not much into adding titles and music etc. Mostly just throw raw footage (fileage?} up on Vimeo to share.

Just checking in. If you know of any rumors of a Mini3, message me, I'll appreciate it!
Search this forum or on Youtube.... rumors abound.

If you go with the Mini2, you won't be disappointed. I'm impressed with the little thing.
Rumors seem to be ramping up regarding a Mini3, but DJI just released the Mini SE so that might indicate a Mini3 could get a later release date. As @Saladshooter stated, there are plenty of places to go look for rumors.

If you already have the Mavic, and you are just recreational flying, all you would have to do is put your# on the new one if you add something that busts the 250 gram limit to it...if 107 ...for 5 bucks add it to your fleet and get it its own number I replaced a phantom with the mini2...world of difference ...the occusync makes it so easy to set up and fly...no waiting for wifi to take effect...whaever you decide...best of luck with it

The Mini 2 has gained much respect from many on the Forum far exceeding that of the Mini .
We also have found it to be a solid drone and went ahead and made the Wet Suit and the Rescue Jacket for it

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain.
Is the Mini SE an exact fit as well?

Greetings welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Steel63 and MA2 317
Welcome back??

Reactions: Steel63 and MA2 317
Im not sure about any rumors about the mini3 .greetings from ? Florida ? and welcome to the forum

Reactions: MA2 317
Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes