DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Been experimenting with a way to make ocean flights less boring.

JackL

Reactions
So to that end I seriously time compressed this flight attempt to Davis Reef in the Florida Keys.
Hopefully it will help someone get over their fear of flying over water at the very least...and I know, my video editing skills need a whole lot of work. ;)

Rather than fast forwarding, try “cutting” out the boring parts and only keep the best bits.

I wish I actually had a good bit from that flight! :) I didn't like the FF effect at all but some locals did so I decided to throw it out there. I wish I would have flown completely straight and didn't play with the zoom and gimbal which completely ruined any chance it would look cool in hyperspeed.

Reactions: TerryToast
If you're going to do "speed ramping" you'll need to keep all your moves as smooth as possible. Remember, you might think your flying is slow and the moves are OK but when sped up, they look too wild. Otherwise, you're on to something. Keep experimenting. Good luck.

Reactions: JackL
Speeding up can look great, but you must NOT make any change to the "flow" for the whole duration, and do speed ramps. Also cut out anything where you move the camera/change direction/speed etc.

This is worse than "boring" indeed, still boring but kinda awful to watch at the same time :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman