DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beginner Question - NFZ vs indoor practice

Pearlygates

Reactions
Hi. I just purchased my first drone - Mavic Air.
I live in a NFZ near an airport.
Fully aware of risks and responsibilities of not flying in the nfz. However is there any way I can fly the drone indoors or in my garden just to familiarise myself with basic operation? At the moment it detects that it's in a NFZ and won't let me take off!
Thanks

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks.
I have seen it... my home sits within a nfz so no chance I'd get permission to fly sadly. I just wondered whether there's a way of flying the drone without the restrictions just so I can use it indoors. No issues if not... I guess I'll have to find an appropriate location!
Thanks again.

Hi. I just purchased my first drone - Mavic Air.
I live in a NFZ near an airport.
Fully aware of risks and responsibilities of not flying in the nfz. However is there any way I can fly the drone indoors or in my garden just to familiarise myself with basic operation? At the moment it detects that it's in a NFZ and won't let me take off!
Thanks
Howdy from Wyoming @Pearlygates , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Thanks.
I have seen it... my home sits within a nfz so no chance I'd get permission to fly sadly. I just wondered whether there's a way of flying the drone without the restrictions just so I can use it indoors. No issues if not... I guess I'll have to find an appropriate location!
Thanks again.
Is it a true "no fly zone" or is it just a location within 5 miles of an airport where you simply need to notify the airport that you will be flying?

Hello and welcome from Ontario Canada to Mavic Pilots!
And enjoy your stay here, there is a wealth of information to be had so take your time and look around and enjoy reading all the great stuff you can do with your Mavic, :) Feel free to ask any questions you may have and remember the search tool is a great resource to see who may have had a similar issue or may offer a great tip.
Enjoy your day and happy flying :)

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute