DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beginners Mode - Actually Very Dangerous

Could you elaborate as I don't quite understand what you mean by "Beginner mode forces GPS"?

At least with the MA you cannot take off in ATTI mode when in Beginner. You have to wait for GPS mode.

Once you turn off Beginner Mode you do not have to wait for GPS mode. But if you don't know that you might take off without having a good GPS lock. So pay attention.

I got my Drone 4 Weeks ago and the Beginner's Mode almost broke my drone two times until I switched it off.

First incident: (Los Angeles)
I was hovering around my self, close to the bushes, but still 5-10 Meters high. Suddenly the drone forced itself to land, and I couldn't do anything and it landed directly on the bushes. It wasn't a bad crash and as the bushes were really tight, it kind of landed, trimming some leaves.

However, the second one almost dumped the drone into the water. (Rio)
I was at the shore line, 20-30 Meters away from the water and took off, took some videos and pictures. After that, I got more confidence so I went a little closer to the shoreline (10 Meters High) and the drone suddenly gave me the warning "maximum distance reached" and started landing!!! And again, I couldn't take control, I run to catch the drone and it was about to land on the water. Luckily the moment the waves went back, freeing up the shore, I was able to rescue it.

I am not sure but it shouldn't be that easy to crash the Drone? Any thoughts?
Get those flight logs here and all will be explained to you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sampad