DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Belasica mountain

Great colors. Nice!

Reactions: alex_markov
Alex, I always enjoy your videos. A few suggestions on this one. The opening clip panning, elevation, forward and gimbal tilt would look better as one combination move. Spiral up with gimbal tilt down and forward over the house as essentially one move. As you tilt gimbal up, descend closer to treetops and gently follow contours of the landscape.

In my experience, high altitude panos of distant horizons don’t yield very cinematic video clips. Too much lateral movement with no foreground for the eye to focus on, disorienting . The colors don’t show as well through the hazy atmosphere. Distant landscapes can be revealed periodically, but fly closer to the treetops . I’d like to have seen some of your straight down shots. I like the spinning descent.

I imagine you were just trying to squeeze in some flights before the end of season more than demonstrating your best moves!

Last edited:
Alex, I always enjoy your videos. A few suggestions on this one. The opening clip panning, elevation, forward and gimbal tilt would look better as one combination move. Spiral up with gimbal tilt down and forward over the house as essentially one move. As you tilt gimbal up, descend closer to treetops and gently follow contours of the landscape.

In my experience, high altitude panos of distant horizons don’t yield very cinematic video clips. Too much lateral movement with no foreground for the eye to focus on, disorienting . The colors don’t show as well through the hazy atmosphere. Distant landscapes can be revealed periodically, but fly closer to the treetops . I’d like to have seen some of your straight down shots. I like the spinning descent.

I imagine you were just trying to squeeze in some flights before the end of season more than demonstrating your best moves!
Agree!
This was a side quest of a test drive with a car ;) but never the less I remade this clip yesterday and will share it soon as I was no satisfy by opening and some other long parts ;)
Thank you for suggestions!

I’m one to talk... I still haven’t edited the great majority of my footage from various destinations this year. That’s what winter is for.
It's very rare some one to give you constructive criticism in forums! So I appreciate it! You know I know I am not a pro and my clips are not national geographic class ;) :) and I try to improve but as my income thas not depend on it I am progressing slowly at best and will never made an dream one - but I'll try ;) :)

It's very rare some one to give you constructive criticism in forums! So I appreciate it! You know I know I am not a pro and my clips are not national geographic class ;) :) and I try to improve but as my income thas not depend on it I am progressing slowly at best and will never made an dream one - but I'll try ;) :)
You're doing fine. These drones make it possible to do very professional looking video if you perfect your cinematic moves. Getting the drone set up correctly to soften the gimbal movement (speed and smoothness) is the most important. Course corrections (yaw) while filming is a killer.

The most important move to perfect is the gimbal tilt. Gimbal tilt down should be paired with increase in elevation and vice versa. Maintaining the axis between the camera and center point of rotation. All of the best moves are combination moves using both joysticks and gimbal.

This YouTube video has a lot of video moves from which to practice. Includes a downloadable spreadsheet for reference.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manifest