DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Benin City's Ring Road with Hangar 360

wow really good work there sir . just on another topic you may be able to help me out . I have been trying to get hold of some one who may be able to get some footage or still shots of the abandoned aircraft at the old hanger at Benin City airport. along airport road. The place has been documented before and is no secret google it !! but all the photos are from 2011/12 i am not even sure if they are still there? google earth still shows them there slowly being consumed by vegetation!!. i am based in the uk so not so easy for me to do, but always thought it would make for a really interesting video. and also from a more personal note i used to work on a lot of those aircraft as a engineer when they were uk aircraft and it will also help in updating records on an group that i am in regarding former uk aircraft . hoping you can help but not to worry if not.
keep up the good work ..

Thanks,

Those aircrafts are still there (what's left of it) but because it is an active airport, the DJI digital fence is working their very well (as to should). So I can't fly there with a drone.
I have tried to photograph abandoned planes in Lagos and that was not allowed. I think the same applies for Benin Airport.
So, if you can give me some sort of letter from the airline that convince them it is for documentary purposes, I'm fine to do that for you. But I'm not risking Nigerian jail for a picture

Thanks,

Those aircrafts are still there (what's left of it) but because it is an active airport, the DJI digital fence is working their very well (as to should). So I can't fly there with a drone.
I have tried to photograph abandoned planes in Lagos and that was not allowed. I think the same applies for Benin Airport.
So, if you can give me some sort of letter from the airline that convince them it is for documentary purposes, I'm fine to do that for you. But I'm not risking Nigerian jail for a picture
Hi wow thanks for the fast reply and i completely understand what you are saying not worth risking upsetting the Nigerian police or airport authorities have a friend who works for Arik air and have heard the stories!!! all though he is not based at Benin unfortunately . I was rather hoping being a regional airport and not being quite so busy it may have been possible. i am a member of the restoration team at Bournemouth aircraft museum .on the south coast of the uk . where we are restoring one of the same BAC 1-11 Aircraft that are there , so i will try and get you a letter or i may contact the airport direct , however i do know that they are not particularly happy about the aircraft still being there so may be a no go . again many many thanks for your fast reply . i will get back to you soon and maybe we can get something sorted .. all the best Phill

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes