DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bering Sea in February

I would use 90% alcohol or greater and wipe it down but I could be wrong.
Water is better at dissolving salt than alcohol. Salt will dissolve in methanol (not as well as water) but not so much in larger alcohols.

I would be inclined to wipe with distilled water (after removing battery) and dry.

Like I said I may be wrong, but distilled water would be the best. No minerals or anything else would be in the water. That would be best.

Reactions: Letac
That's really funny. I swear I was thinking about that scenario if I couldn't land it normally. Glad to hear that it's actually used. I would rather not lose my drone, of course, but the footage is what people are paying me for. The insurance will pay for the drone and that sucks, but I don't want to disappoint the client. I always carry spare props, and I have prop guards, so I'm good there.
Here's a how to video....

Hey friends,

My client has decided to put off our trip until summer, claiming the weather would be much better. Even though I won't get to experience the Bering Sea in the winter, something that scared me and excited me at the same time, the work I'll produce will for sure be better then than now. Thanks a ton to all of you who helped me! And hopefully, if I make it up there and back, I'll share some of that work here.

Still sounds like an awesome trip. I imagine you'll still get some rough weather, but may actually get some beautiful sunny shots to add some nice contrast. I was stationed in Adak AK in the Bering Strait and in the winter it was not uncommon to go for weeks with no sun. That's because of the weather not latitude - shortest day of the year in southern part of Bering Strait is still almost 8 hours, but the longest is almost 17 hours in the summer. Adak is also known as the birthplace of the winds and is incredible windy - the AVE in Nov is more than 21MPH and 60 mph is very common. July is the calmest at 12.3 mph ave. And yes, my memory and details were were augmented with a little help from google. :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ