DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Besides waypoints, Litchi vs. DJI Go?

Don't know if anyone covered this but...

Litchi gives you the option to display your GPS coordinates on the main screen. I don't think I've seen that in DJI GO 4.

Plan and preview your missions using Virtual Litchi Mission Viewer (VLM) and Google Earth Pro
I used this free software for the first time yesterday and wow - it's a game changer!

VLM embeds the Litchi mission hub into it and allows you to plan your way-point missions as normal using google maps. When you are ready to preview the flight, it auto-creates the necessary files to let you fly a virtual 3D mission in Google Earth Pro allowing you to get a reasonably good idea of the video you will get when you actually fly the mission.

Once you have watched the mission a few times at a few different speeds, you head back to VLM and start tweaking your mission to make it more cinematic, then preview the updated version again in Google Earth.

Not only does this save you loads of actual flight time, but it gives you a better chance of producing some great footage from the actual flight.

Reactions: michelbaudry
If I use the beta version of litchi do Iose the DJI care refresh?

A major feature of litchi is the possibility of preparing mission with my PC, then test it virtualy with VLM and GE. Missions can be organized any time, anywhere , no need to have the drone., i can do that seated in my lounge with a confortable screen........., there is nothing like this in Go. GO is good but give a minimum of features, just to market the product, no comparison possible with litchi that has an enormous potential!

Can missions be prepared using McIntosh 0SX?

DJI waypoints have to be flown to first to record the position. Litchi can be set remotely. Dji is more accurate as you can exactly frame the subject. Litchi can be useful when you don't want to fly your route in advance

Seriously! (Sarcasm directed to DJI, not the poster.

I use GO 4 only & have never used Litchi.
I use it so I can fly the same mission over & over & control the speed & only have to worry about the camera.
It works very well but for me the negatives are that waypoints have to be above like 35 feet & there are times when I want to be lower.
I like that it saves the missions but it only saves temporarily. I wish I could save them permanently & also name them & change settings.
Hoping they will fix that someday but generally it works well.
It does eat up battery & time setting the waypoints manually.

I use GO 4 only & have never used Litchi.
I use it so I can fly the same mission over & over & control the speed & only have to worry about the camera.
It works very well but for me the negatives are that waypoints have to be above like 35 feet & there are times when I want to be lower.
I like that it saves the missions but it only saves temporarily. I wish I could save them permanently & also name them & change settings.
Hoping they will fix that someday but generally it works well.
It does eat up battery & time setting the waypoints manually.
Why not you'll try Litchi, it would be nice to have your point .

So far I've only used Waypoints and the VR function.

First, the fun and usefulness of Waypoints can't be overstated, IMO. Just today I created in just about 15 mins, a Waypoint mission that I then flew. It was a "tour" of our neoghborhood, showing our house, my daughters school, our churchhouse, etc. I had it change altitudes several times, speeds, etc (none of which were necessary, strictly speaking, but which really looked great) then I sent this video to my dad. He LOVED it (he lives 2500 miles away and can't travel). Could I have done all this without Waypoints? Of course. But it was just a lot more fun to create something that looked so good. And it will be Years before I'm able to do what this did in terms of flying in three dimensions while the camera operated in 3 dimensions simultaneously. And I daresay wouldn't be fun even if I could. Still want to retain some control yourself? Sure.. Program the drone flight and u do the camera completely. Or program the flight & camera but manually change speed or yaw in real time. Anyway... Until I tried it, I didn't k ow how fun and powerful Waypoints could be. I think Litchi totally ought to do a 30-60 day free trial.

And the only other thing I've done is used the VR function so that I could use my Samsung VR goggles (2017 edition) as FPV goggles. Super fun and I've only done two short flights. Haven't even begun to tap the potential.

I would absolutely pay double the $30 for either one of these functions alone.

In the defense of GO 4....and this may be because I've not read or studied it all enuf yet... But to me it seems like litchi is more of a supplement or enhancement. So far I can't see myself giving GO 4 up? And really, I don't see why you'd even try?

In Litchi I program one of the buttons on my controller to “add new waypoint.” It allows me to easily and quickly create complex cable-cam type missions.

I fly to a location, frame the shot (yaw and gimbal tilt), then click the button. Move to next location, reframe (yaw and gimbal tilt), and click the button again.

Rinse and repeat a few times to set up a complex cable cam. I just hit play and it follows the cable, smoothly transitioning yaw and gimbal tilt between each waypoint. Then I can use the right stick to speed it up or slow it down (or run it in reverse).

There are some settings that make the effect work better. You want it to use smooth curves between waypoints. You want to adjust the cruising speed and the max speed (probably slow them down). Aside from that it’s all very straight forward and easy. It lets you get to a new location and spontaneously set up some great shots... with the benefit of being able to save and edit later.

Litchi is great.

I do not see Litchi Magic Leash info here.
You can install this app on another phone. Then you can make your drone follow this phone.
A great tracking tool.

One advantage to DJI Go: it lets you set the Wifi channel you want to use. Litchi, so far as I can tell, doesn't.

One advantage to Litchi: it gives you separate readings for RC strength and the strength of your video transmission feed, useful for maximizing range.

Litchi's orbit mode is much easier to use. DJI's battery meter provides more useful information.

Reactions: Dmbrody
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aodgizmo