DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best accessories for Air2S? (mini SD, filters)

cknipp

Reactions
Hello folks!

What is the best micro SD card for the Air2S? Also, how are the filters that come with the fly more combo? Recommend any better filters for optimum results?

Also, Any other Air2S recommendations, tips, welcome…

Thanks!
CKnipp

Hello folks!

What is the best micro SD card for the Air2S? Also, how are the filters that come with the fly more combo? Recommend any better filters for optimum results?

Also, Any other Air2S recommendations, tips, welcome…

Thanks!
CKnipp
I personally like getting backpacks for my drones and hard cases. Both are quite useful at times but the one that comes with the fly more combo is fine. I also like to have 5 batteries. While not essential, it's convenient as you get an enormous amount of flight time, and considering batteries for the Air 2S are inexpensive compared to those for the Mavic 2, it's not a terrible idea. Advice about filters isn't my realm. I'm not good at that part but a top-mounted strobe is also a must-have if you intend to do any night flying. I use SanDisk 128gb micro sd cards. I use the gold one. I forgot what it's called but it's supposedly the best one. I haven't tried any others so I don't really know the differences so that's just my experience.

MavicPilots premium is also a nice investment...;)

I’m brand new so take this suggestion with that in mind.

#1 I absolutely detested the stock gimbal protector which came with my Air2s. I invested $11 and purchased this:

Brand: Boanju
4.7 out of 5 stars 64Reviews

Air 2S Gimbal Lens Protection Cover Dustproof Cap Lens Protector Hood for DJI Air 2S Accessory​

Much better snap on fit and it also covers your two forward collision sensors.

#2 Didnt like using my phone and decided to go with an iPad instead. Here’s my $36 mount which works great:

2021 VCUTECH Drone RC Tablet Holder Compatible with DJI Mini 2 and DJI Mavic Air 2, Air 2S, Adjustable Tablet Holder for Drones, 4-10.1 inch iPad Tablet Mount, Drone Accessories (Mavic Air 2/Mini 2)​

All purchased on Amazon- Best accessories thus far. Happy flying everyone.

Reactions: cknipp
Thanks!

By the way, I use to live in the Denver area, Littleton & Thornton. Beautiful out there!

Blessings!
CKnipp

Good choice of drone
I purchased pgytech extension legs to protect the gimble as it very close to the ground
Also a decent sd card
UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) 128gb
A good hardcase with storage
Landing mat and prop holders

Reactions: cknipp
You really don’t need a lot to start.
Get to know your drone, the ins and outs of the menus, features, and flying it really well.
You can get by with a decent 64gb microSD, or maybe 128 if shooting 4K.
Have a read through here for good info and of course there’s many other topics @msinger covers on his phantomhelp site.

After you know the drone well, start exploring the accessories as you’ll have a better idea then what might be needed for your particular flying / film and photography use.

Enjoy the 2S

I just recently went through the SD Card fiasco for myself. The most important part of the specifications of any SD card is the megabits per second throughput. The next thing is look for V90 in the specs. I bought what I thought was top of the line name brand SD card but it was only a V30 and was around 100 mb/s and my video was lagging some on my SC controller. I switched to V90, which is 285 mb/s and above and it works great now so I put one in my controller and one in the Air 2S just for good measure. They are much more expensive as compared to V30 but they perform much better. Here is a link to what I'm using now:

The other must have for me was the Fly More Combo...have to have at least 3 batteries!
I also have the propeller guards but have only used them once, they work well, especially around people.
I bought a gimbal protector (I think it was PGYTech) but the gimbal did not have enough room to pivot inside the big black plastic case so I took it off immediately. I have a similar one on my Mini 2 that works great.

Reactions: Roberto Smera
Anybody have a non Amazon link to quality propeller guards for the Air 2S?

Thanks,
Robert

Go to dji.com and go to their store.
Thanks, but the one they sell does not cover the entire rotation of the props. This will probably not satisfy the "flying over people" requirements.

Anybody seen one with full coverage?

Take care folks,
Robert

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird