DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best accessories for the Mavic 3 [Fly more package.]

Since the microSD card should also be changed out with every battery change, my battery is always out whenever I need to swap cards. No tweezers necessary.
Oh no, never considered the tweezers necessary, just a helpful accessory. They’re only used when I’m getting at the card to upload photos or videos in a ‘rush’.

Oh no, never considered the tweezers necessary, just a helpful accessory. They’re only used when I’m getting at the card to upload photos or videos in a ‘rush’.
While "rushing" I'm also simultaneously removing the battery, to replace it with a fresh one, or charge the one I just removed. I initially thought like you did, until I discovered that with the battery removed, the card is very easy to remove. Then I realized I can't conceive of a situation where I wouldn't want both removed at the same time. YMMV.

While "rushing" I'm also simultaneously removing the battery, to replace it with a fresh one, or charge the one I just removed. I initially thought like you did, until I discovered that with the battery removed, the card is very easy to remove. Then I realized I can't conceive of a situation where I wouldn't want both removed at the same time. YMMV.
There are dozens of use cases for battery and/or card pulls in all kinds of situations that I have and haven't been in. I do sometimes pull the card without pulling the battery. Pulling the card with a battery in place is difficult. Hence me being 'lazy' and 'in a rush' at the same time. It's a M3 quirk, like the smallest in a long list of 'quirks' lol.

I paid 20 minutes of print time to make a tweezer set, let me have my thunder! 🤣

There are dozens of use cases for battery and/or card pulls in all kinds of situations that I have and haven't been in. I do sometimes pull the card without pulling the battery. Pulling the card with a battery in place is difficult. Hence me being 'lazy' and 'in a rush' at the same time. It's a M3 quirk, like the smallest in a long list of 'quirks' lol.

I paid 20 minutes of print time to make a tweezer set, let me have my thunder! 🤣
Since finding out that removing the battery enables the easy removal of the microSD card, and having a hub to charge the batteries outside the drone, I haven't been able to find a need for myself any more. However, for anyone that bought the bare Mavic 3 with a single battery that must be charged inside the drone, it is a very useful tool! The P3P also came with a set of tweezers that can be repurposed to grab the card, too!

Some shameless self-promotion here:

If you upgrade to the RC Pro I sell this 3D-printed bracket that allows you to mount a neck strap, wrist strap or lanyard to the controller. It's made from a strong carbon fiber-filled plastic and includes mounting screws. Quite a few forum members have purchased them and seem like them pretty well.
Render (Medium).png

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos