DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best accessories for the Mavic 3 [Fly more package.]

Mantrain

Reactions
I pulled the trigger and picked one up @ Best Buy.

Are there any great accessories for this wonderful bird?

First thing I did was buy the refresh plan from DJI.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
State Farm PAP

• Haha
Reactions: zeusfl
We made the Wet Suit and Rescue Floatation Jacket for the Mavic 3 to Negotiate the rain Protect from bumps and float on the water.

Phantomrain.org
2021-12-03_15h03_03.png

Last edited:
Why would I do that if I have the DJI Care Refresh package which includes drone replacement for flyaway?
You wouldn't. I did it in lieu of Care Refresh. It's cheaper, and the deductible is less. I think it is a better accessory than Refresh, and your question was what are the best accessories.

Correct and let’s answer his question guys.

Why would I do that if I have the DJI Care Refresh package which includes drone replacement for flyaway?

Because:

1) if you have a fly away scenario, State Farm drone insurance covers it with zero deductible. You get a check to buy a new drone, no question asked. With DJI Care Refresh, you pay $749 deductible, and you have to go through a more complicated process to get a (potentially refurbished) drone as replacement.

2) DJI Care refresh is not a world wide coverage. If you purchased the drone in United States, had it crashed in another country, the coverage does not apply. State Farm drone insurance covers the incident almost anywhere in the world.

Microfiber cloth, as silly as it sounds, is the most underrated accessory imo. Useful for cleaning off sensors and your screen in a pinch. GPC (goprofessionalcases.com) makes a neat little lens cleaner pen and hardcases that are fantastic if you'll be traveling site to site a lot. I bought hard cases for both my Mavic 3 and Air 2S. Oh... RC Pro if you can swing it. Adds some functionality back. I use the 5D button for EV, Explore Mode, and quick toggle for camera settings. The zoom wheel is great too. Welcome to the land of M3!

Reactions: Crashdummytest
Maybe there are not as many 3rd party items available for M3 since it is a more recent release. For example I enjoy the 3rd party propellers I got from Amazon for my Air2S which are supposed to yield 4% flight increase.

Have to say the Mavic 3 is a class act when flying is smooth as silk so maybe there will not be a lot of 3rd party items.

I might consider the Pro RC for it. I would like to read some more reviews though.

You wouldn't. I did it in lieu of Care Refresh. It's cheaper, and the deductible is less. I think it is a better accessory than Refresh, and your question was what are the best accessories.
Please clarify..I do have part 107 and TRUST--I want to fly recreationally...can I get state farm insurance for this? In this article it seems that just having part 107 disqualifies me

Microfiber cloth, as silly as it sounds, is the most underrated accessory imo. Useful for cleaning off sensors and your screen in a pinch. GPC (goprofessionalcases.com) makes a neat little lens cleaner pen and hardcases that are fantastic if you'll be traveling site to site a lot. I bought hard cases for both my Mavic 3 and Air 2S. Oh... RC Pro if you can swing it. Adds some functionality back. I use the 5D button for EV, Explore Mode, and quick toggle for camera settings. The zoom wheel is great too. Welcome to the land of M3!
What do you have C1 and C2 set for?

Please clarify..I do have part 107 and TRUST--I want to fly recreationally...can I get state farm insurance for this? In this article it seems that just having part 107 disqualifies me
Part 107 does not prohibit or prevent flying only recreationally. The PAP from State Farm would still available for all recreational use, as long as you aren't residing in CA! (Too many stoners? 🤣)

Reactions: JoelP
According to my agent it seems that State Farm insurance is also not available in Idaho.

As for accessories I recommend the Firehouse Arc5 strobe. The M3 should be good for twilight/night flying if you are a 107 pilot so a good strobe would be a must.

Sadly in CA the State Farm insurance isn’t available.
I second the Arc V strode recommendation. And, I recommend this landing gear. Keeps the props out of the grass. I velcroed the strobe to it, and it helps to see the drone in the daytime. https://www.amazon.com/VEALONO-Foldable-Compatible-Extender-Protector/dp/B09N7J6KD9/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2RD840XL62AL4&keywords=VEALONO+Mavic+3+Foldable+Landing+Gear+Compatible+with+DJI+Mavic+3&qid=1648827794&sprefix=vealono+mavic+3+foldable+landing+gear+compatible+with+dji+mavic+3,aps,343&sr=8-1

Attachments

• IMG_2307.jpeg
    IMG_2307.jpeg
    938 KB · Views: 5
Besides the RC Pro?

I 3D printed like 10 of these so I can always have on hand. For that hard-to-reach SD card out when I'm too lazy to pull the battery:

Micro SD card tool by leenanj

Well not that exact one, but works all the same.

I also used some extra adhesive backed foam and mounted them on the rear motors to protect the gimbal arms from getting scuffed. I didn't want any drag on the gimbal mechanism.

20220401_191449.jpg

According to my agent it seems that State Farm insurance is also not available in Idaho.
Find another Idaho State Farm agent. They don't make much, if anything, on selling the policy, so most just falsely claim it isn't available! It is a personal articles policy and every State Farm agent sells them. It is just that in CA the policy cannot be used for drone coverage.

Besides the RC Pro?

I 3D printed like 10 of these so I can always have on hand. For that hard-to-reach SD card out when I'm too lazy to pull the battery:

Micro SD card tool by leenanj

Well not that exact one, but works all the same.

I also used some extra adhesive backed foam and mounted them on the rear motors to protect the gimbal arms from getting scuffed. I didn't want any drag on the gimbal mechanism.

View attachment 146128
Since the microSD card should also be changed out with every battery change, my battery is always out whenever I need to swap cards. No tweezers necessary.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan