DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best (affordable-ish) filters for Osmo Action? And is the underwater housing necessary for surfing?

Ben_McPhee

Reactions
Was playing around with my Osmo action and realised I definitely need a set of filters to slow the shutter speed waaaay down.

Googling it, Polar pro filters are pretty much the most recommended, but they aren't cheap.

Any alternatives? I don't want cheap crap on there, but also don't need a filter which costs a similar amount to the camera. (Unless I have to).

If I were to only get 1 or 2 quality filters rather than a set, which do you guys tend to need most for 4K60, and 1080/120, in full sun, but also overcast conditions?

Also, Still testing, but what ISO's do you guys feel comfortable with from a quality standpoint? Is 400 still ok? (Thinking if I bought one very strong filter, I could up the ISO to compensate in "low light" conditions?)

Finally, I intend to use this in the surf, well above the 11m limit (Maybe down to 3 or 4m), but can imagine with a wave crashing on my head that might test its limits. Should I get an underwater housing for it? (And also...does adding filters compromise the waterproof design in any way?)

I use Freewell filters.

There is a cooling vent on front of the camera and the instructions say to avoid jumping into the water with the camera. I figure on buying the waterproof case for mine, though I don't surf.

Reactions: 2Mavics4AManiac
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54