DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best battery practices

BobWarner

Reactions
New to Mavic Pro use. Any tips on battery use?
I.E. When I run down (by flying) the battery to 15-20%, is it a good idea to leave the aircraft ON to run the battery down to ZERO before re-charging?
Many Thanx - Bob

Reactions: Thomas B and Porky
New to Mavic Pro use. Any tips on battery use?
I.E. When I run down (by flying) the battery to 15-20%, is it a good idea to leave the aircraft ON to run the battery down to ZERO before re-charging?
Many Thanx - Bob
no do not run the battery to very low levels you should be storing them around 40 to 60 percent when not in use i set my first low battery warning to 40% and critical warning to 25% if your store them to low it is as bad as storing them fully charged

no do not run the battery to very low levels you should be storing them around 40 to 60 percent when not in use i set my first low battery warning to 40% and critical warning to 25% if your store them to low it is as bad as storing them fully charged
thanx

I found out yesterday that the Mavic Air does not have the option of adjusting the "days before auto drain" occurs. I'm told that it is preset by DJI.

Does anyone know if its dangerous to fly the AC with a battery in 'auto-drain' mode? I once had to get a shot and did just that, because I didn't have time to re-charge the batteries. The AC flew fine but I was worried.

Does anyone know if its dangerous to fly the AC with a battery in 'auto-drain' mode? I once had to get a shot and did just that, because I didn't have time to re-charge the batteries. The AC flew fine but I was worried.
you should always start your flight with a full battery if possible,as far as auto drain mode as you call it, once you start the battery that mode ceases to be in operation so you are just flying with a none fully charged battery

Reactions: Thomas B
you should always start your flight with a full battery if possible,as far as auto drain mode as you call it, once you start the battery that mode ceases to be in operation so you are just flying with a none fully charged battery

Even after take off, there was a red warning header on the GO4 app that said 'battery in storage mode' or something like that. The warning stayed up during the whole flight, which had me worried.

Even after take off, there was a red warning header on the GO4 app that said 'battery in storage mode' or something like that. The warning stayed up during the whole flight, which had me worried.
i have not come across that issue myself because i never store my batteries fully charged,and my batts have never gone into self discharge mode,i know that if you have them stored fully charged then that can damage the cells if they are kept like that for an extended period when the warning came on did it have an X in a red circle in the corner if so you could have just cancelled it the same as a high wind warning i dont think it would affect the flight it is just letting you know that the battery was self discharging

i have not come across that issue myself because i never store my batteries fully charged,and my batts have never gone into self discharge mode,i know that if you have them stored fully charged then that can damage the cells if they are kept like that for an extended period when the warning came on did it have an X in a red circle in the corner if so you could have just cancelled it the same as a high wind warning i dont think it would affect the flight it is just letting you know that the battery was self discharging

No, there was no way to cancel it. The flight was normal so I guess it does not affect performance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre