DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Buy Orders

I'm hoping DJI and Best Buy pull off the most organized and efficient mass shipment the world has ever seen. I expect we will all weep when it happens and ultimately fall on our knees to praise DHI and their innovative genius. I believe all future generations will look back and marvel at how well DJI made this happen with its American partner and newest subsidiary, Best Buy.
Everybody flying by November 1, guaranteed.

I'm hoping DJI and Best Buy pull off the most organized and efficient mass shipment the world has ever seen. I expect we will all weep when it happens and ultimately fall on our knees to praise DHI and their innovative genius. I believe all future generations will look back and marvel at how well DJI made this happen with its American partner and newest subsidiary, Best Buy.

would be so nice.

Quite honestly I don't know if they will be receiving them or not. I can tell you when I initially checked BB site they had none and you could not even preorder. I asked them to alert me when it became available. A couple of days later it was available but I didn't purchase it. I never had any intention of getting it from BB was just checking it out. I posted the email in the long preorder note there. Then a day later I got another email it was available again and it was available for purchase for over a day. Now it s no longer available. Quite possibly they know they are receiving x amount and have sold that or close to it. Then again maybe nobody will get any but I would think otherwise, I think those that have orders placed will receive them shortly. I could be wrong. But I look at it this way. Most people that ordered from BB were probably looking at the other option of waiting til mid December to get it so they figured why not - nothing to lose. They won't be any worse off than they are now having to wait til who knows when to get it. But I hope they all get them.

I think the only thing giving anyone any hope with regard to Best Buy is the Newegg situation. If Newegg hadn't shipped late orders so quickly, I don't think anyone would be holding out for BB. Newegg is giving everyone hope.

Reactions: tonytafarella
I think the only thing giving anyone any hope with regard to Best Buy is the Newegg situation. If Newegg hadn't shipped late orders so quickly, I don't think anyone would be holding out for BB. Newegg is giving everyone hope.
Good point. The newegg thing is what gave me idea of trying BB. And, the opening and closing of orders leads one to believe they know just how many orders to accept.

So at this point I give them till Friday to ship. If they don't, I give up on BB. Or, if they extend the ship date beyond an additional week, I give up on BB.

Here's what my bestbuy Canada order says

Release Date: November 15, 2016
Free delivery arrives as early as Oct 31.

What does this mean??? Am I getting it on Oct 31st or Nov 15th? So confusing..

Mine still says "get it by October 31." I ordered late night Monday on Best Buy, on Tuesday I did a general shipping status for non-buyers to see when shipping is available, and it says "unavailable. I'm hoping I was lucky enough to be one that got my pre-order in a time. Not sure what to expect, but if we don't get a shipping notification by Friday, it's not going to arrive by monday.

Here's what my bestbuy Canada order says

Release Date: November 15, 2016
Free delivery arrives as early as Oct 31.

What does this mean??? Am I getting it on Oct 31st or Nov 15th? So confusing..
Not sure how BB Canada works. I wouldn't panic too much.

My BB order still says "Get It By Mon Oct 31st" as well. Fingers crossed!!
My DJI direct order from the 4th is hopeless at this point. I've heard nothing new at all.

But I'm telling you, I wouldn't be surprised if DJI gave Best Buy some preferential treatment since they are the largest electronics retailer in the country, and they coincidentally just happen to already have GoPro Karmas on display in their stores. A smart move would be to reach those Best Buy customers before they move on to a competing product.
Good point if they like to take shots at competition as we can tell by their release date... I couldn't see them allowing karma to it in the store without having some mavics shipped out as well.

Just got off online chat with best buy again. They said that they don't have any in stock and don't know when they will get another shipment and to check back later. :(

Just got off online chat with best buy again. They said that they don't have any in stock and don't know when they will get another shipment and to check back later. :(
You don't already have yours pre-ordered, correct?

Strange they would say, "another shipment". I doubt they ever received their initial shipment.

Strange they would say, "another shipment". I doubt they ever received their initial shipment.

Best Buy wouldn't sell something they don't have. This is the exact same thing as the launch of the Oculus Rift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best Buy wouldn't sell something they don't have. This is the exact same thing as the launch of the Oculus Rift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, but a majority us have a Best Buy delivery date of 10/31 and I don't foresee them making that happen

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest