DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Buy Orders

Just got the same email...new date of Nov 30th...calling produced no new info...blamed it on DJI

I just like the banner ad for Advexure that says order today... Yeah...right. Order today...receive next year! This is almost looking like a Tesla Model 3 deal, but at least those folks KNEW they wouldn't be seeing anything for a long, long time.

Either DJI can only make 5 Mavics per days in their factory, or they're still totally lying to people who have pre-ordered. And you know that a Chinese factory can pump out WAY more then 5 per day lol.

I think they made a small batch, which they're shipping now. Something then went terribly wrong with their production process which they're still trying to fix. In the meantime, they're sending out a few Mavics every day just to make it look like they're shipping. BS.

Does anyone know where I can order another 8x8 Photo Book?

It's funny... I noticed earlier the Phantom 4 at best buy had dropped to $1100, but now it is back up to $1200. I guess it's got another month of shelf life now.

Okay I'll take a free battery now, after you crushed all our dreams Best Buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad timing - I was sitting in a hospital lab waiting for a blood draw. I got the **** email JUST as they called me back to get stuck!

This really blows. I could understand waiting two more weeks, but a fricken month???? I just put both my phantoms on ebay, not I'm gonna be bored for the next month.

[QUOTE="tomnjfl, post: 8835, member: 227"

I think they made a small batch, which they're shipping now. Something then went terribly wrong with their production process which they're still trying to fix. In the meantime, they're sending out a few Mavics every day just to make it look like they're shipping. BS.[/QUOTE]

Really, talk about wild conjecture.

[QUOTE="tomnjfl, post: 8835, member: 227"

I think they made a small batch, which they're shipping now. Something then went terribly wrong with their production process which they're still trying to fix. In the meantime, they're sending out a few Mavics every day just to make it look like they're shipping. BS.

Really, talk about wild conjecture.[/QUOTE]

Why is that so wild? Think about it....they announced the product well over a month ago. They promised a release date of mid October. It's now almost November and how many people have actually received their Mavics? 50, maybe 100 people? So in the full 6 weeks since announcing the product, you mean to tell me their factory only produced enough to satisfy a small handful of orders? Along with the fact that the 3 largest retail partners of DJI in the world have pushed their delivery dates back to mid December. So that will be a full 2 months from the promised availability and they can't catch up by then? I call BS.

Really, talk about wild conjecture.

Why is that so wild? Think about it....they announced the product well over a month ago. They promised a release date of mid October. It's now almost November and how many people have actually received their Mavics? 50, maybe 100 people? So in the full 6 weeks since announcing the product, you mean to tell me their factory only produced enough to satisfy a small handful of orders? I call BS.[/QUOTE]

Wild conjecture because you have no real data to back it up. How do you know how many have received their Mavics? You don't. How do you know what DJI's production is? You don't. You're just throwing out wild theories. Not helpful in any way.

Reactions: woolvie
On the bright side of things for me, my auction for my P3 Pro ends tonight, and I have 26 watchers. I had 10 watchers yesterday. Looks like I'll be able to get a good price for it.

Wild conjecture because you have no real data to back it up. How do you know how many have received their Mavics? You don't. How do you know what DJI's production is? You don't. You're just throwing out wild theories. Not helpful in any way.

The evidence is stacked against them, and in favor of my theory. Believe me, I want to be wrong. But what's going on just doesn't make any sense when you think about how quickly and efficiently Chinese manufacturing works. Look at Apple. They sell nearly a million IPhones on launch day...and they set crystal clear expectations about when their supply will run out and when more will be available...right down to the exact day. That's how the culture of Chinese manufacturing works. The only thing that can disrupt the flow is a product flaw or a manufacturing error.

In the span of a few months, 3DR manufactured close to 500,000 Solo drones in a manufacturing facility probably 1/5 the size and capacity of DJI. A billion dollar company like DJI most certainly has a much higher capacity. I don't doubt that they could have satisfied the entire pre-order market with 1 month of full production. Clearly that production didn't take place. The big question is why not?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mupps64