DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best camera settings for a dark-night with scattered lights

swb_mct

Reactions
Even after getting the best possible focus, my movies on a dark-clear night have a halo of diffused light around every spot of light. The atmosphere is clear so in theory you should be able to get a clean edge around street lights, head lights, building windows etc. Any tips ? I can tell the focus isn't the problem because tiny faint spots of light are in focus . . . you can examine that when you zoom into single pixels in Photoshop.

Last edited:
Even after getting the best possible focus, my movies on a dark-clear night have a halo of diffused light around every spot of light. The atmosphere is clear so in theory you should be able to get a clean edge around street lights, head lights, building windows etc. Any tips ? I can tell the focus isn't the problem because tiny faint spots of light are in focus . . . you can examine that when you zoom into single pixels.
Make sure your lens is clean. In low light I will zoom in, set manual focus, and zoom back out.

Make sure your lens is clean. In low light I will zoom in, set manual focus, and zoom back out.
I have been using your focus tip. Thanks for that. Have you found any other settings that help . . maybe something that causes or sets a smaller aperture . . I know how cameras work, but not this camera.

... Have you found any other settings that help . . maybe something that causes or sets a smaller aperture...
The Mavic Pro has a fixed aperture. That is why you have to use ND filters to slow shutter speed for smooth video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wiz4rd