DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best/fastest way to transfer photos and videos?

Exactly what I thought. Unbelievable. But it has happened to others. Google it.
Apparently the problem is as a result of deleting files from the card whilst it's not in the drone. Just COPY files from the card when inserted in PC and - if you need to recover space on the card - format the card using the drone.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
This seems beyond unlikely.
Whatever the issue was, it wasn't pulling the SD card.
The fastest and simplest way to transfer image files is to pop the card, put it in a $3 USB card reader and put that in the computer.
i-rp39KXj-L.jpg
A USB 3.0 card reader, like the one in your photo, being highly preferred over any older USB 2.0 card reader, which will still work, but take forever!

I read hundreds of posts here and haven't come across it.
You can google it and pass it on.

ps .. lots of things get posted here by people that are mistaken about the causes of their incidents.

Specifically, the problem is you can lose pairing between the controller and your mini because of an SD card. Reformatting the SD card can fix this. Have a look at the comments for the video. It was night and day for me. The only thing that worked.

Have a look at the comments for the video. It was night and day for me. The only thing that worked.
That just shows someone having trouble linking the drone.
Nothing at all to say that it had anything to do with the SD card.
And even if it did, it doesn't show a reason not to pop the card to transfer files.

The video shows the drone actually linked, just the app acting up.

I've always taken the card out of my DJI aircraft and never had a single issue reading/writing to it externally.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
The video shows the drone actually linked, just the app acting up.

I've always taken the card out of my DJI aircraft and never had a single issue reading/writing to it externally.
I managed to snap one in half, with a visible crack, when I foolishly forced it upside down into a new microSD card wallet that wasn't designed for inserting used cards upside down, unlike my old card wallet that went missing in a CostCo parking lot. Card is unreadable, and completely unrecoverable by any means! Just be careful with them. They can be broken.

What method do you all use for transferring your content from your Mini 2 to your phone, tablet or computer?

I’ve tried the Quick Transfer feature, but found that to actually be anything but quick for any video content.
I’m assuming the best method would be to remove the SD Card and pop it in a high speed reader instead?

I’m looking at the USB-C ones so I can also plug it directly into my iPad.

Am I missing any other fast options?

Thanks!
I always just pull the card and plug it directly into the computer. This way you can also preview the videos on the card before transferring them saving a lot of time and space

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1