DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best iPad for Mavic

Going to pull my Trek 2 out of the closet and give it a go with my MP. You haven’t had any lag issues or anything??
I never ended up using it. I started hearing about more fly-aways and other issues when using the Android DJI app so I decided not to risk it.

AND, AT&T ended up screwing me on those 99 cent tablets. After a long argument I just got it resolved. They were charging me a line fee of about $12 for each of them, monthly, and one I hadn't even opened. Then, when I called to complain they said it'd be $160 termination fee, per tablet, to get out of the agreement I never agreed to.

Reactions: Green
My older guy eyes aren't doing as well on my iPhone as I would like.
I've decided to get an iPad to fly the mav with.
What's the best way to go?

iPad 2?
Any mount suggestions?

I've never owned an iPad so am green.

Thanks
Im using the ipad mini. love it because it fits in the RC arms. No extra mounts needed :)

I don't understand I thought iPad mini 2 was OK!! (as I did read some of your comments where you said so yourself)

In which sense does the iPad mini 2 is too slow? Could you be more precise?

I'm buying an iPad mini for the sole purpose of using with the mavic (but I may have the lumecube app in background from time to time), so I look for the cheapest but reliable option!
Same here, Im running the Ipad mini 2 on all the latest software. Runs fine for me. Ive seen no issues so far.

i ran ipad mini 2 no issues except bad in sunlight, needed shade behind me or a sunhood. seen alot of mavic users recommended nexus 7 20013 model and thought second one i bought for £30 i had nothing t lose as i was going to opt for the ipad mini 4 when i seen a cheap one. i solely use it for mavic so unloaded all except google apps and dji go 4 and runs smoothly and finally able to see screen in bright sunlight without hood or shade. so processor and memory is not the big factor always.

Purchased a 10.5" Pro from B&H photo(pretty solid deal-$849 no tax, free shipping). I will use this for many things that why I bought such an expensive tablet.

Anyway.. any feedback on the adapters/mounts? Who has what and what do they like/dislike about them?

Thanks

Looking to buy a used iPad mini 4, but I don't need it to be cellular. When using the mini 4 does the Mavic Pro care if it's only wifi?

When using the mini 4 does the Mavic Pro care if it's only wifi?
Without Wi-Fi, you'll be able to do everything except use the Follow Me flight mode or reset the home point to your current location.

Without Wi-Fi, you'll be able to do everything except use the Follow Me flight mode or reset the home point to your current location.
So if the iPad mini 4 is wifi only (not cellular), I'll be able to use all the flight modes? But if it's cellular (and don't those have wifi, too), I'm limited to the flight modes I can use?

So if the iPad mini 4 is wifi only (not cellular), I'll be able to use all the flight modes?
You can use all of the flight modes except Follow Me. If you need to use Follow Me, you'll need to connect some type of external GPS receiver (like one of these) to your iPad.

But if it's cellular (and don't those have wifi, too), I'm limited to the flight modes I can use?
All iPad models have Wi-Fi. If you have a cellular iPad model, your iPad will also have a GPS receiver. That GPS receiver is active even if the cellular service has not been activated. With GPS on your iPad, you'll be able to use the Follow Me flight mode and reset the home point to your current location (both of those features require your iPad to report its current location).

You can use all of the flight modes except Follow Me. If you need to use Follow Me, you'll need to connect some type of external GPS receiver (like one of these) to your iPad.

All iPad models have Wi-Fi. If you have a cellular iPad model, your iPad will also have a GPS receiver. That GPS receiver is active even if the cellular service has not been activated. With GPS on your iPad, you'll be able to use the Follow Me flight mode and reset the home point to your current location (both of those features require your iPad to report its current location).
Ahh... Okay, now I get it! Thanks for the explanation. I think I'll look for a cellular version.

Reactions: JeanSimard
Does the (cellular) iPad have to have a SIM card installed to use Follow Me and reset home position?

I never ended up using it. I started hearing about more fly-aways and other issues when using the Android DJI app so I decided not to risk it.

AND, AT&T ended up screwing me on those 99 cent tablets. After a long argument I just got it resolved. They were charging me a line fee of about $12 for each of them, monthly, and one I hadn't even opened. Then, when I called to complain they said it'd be $160 termination fee, per tablet, to get out of the agreement I never agreed to.

I had the SAME exact issue. Scam artists.. With Verizon now.

Using an iPad mini 2, it works fine. Only thing is brightness. Are all iPads similar in brightness?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54