DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best landing gear for maverick pro in water

Hello maverick pro enthusiasts, can anyone recommend the best landing gear for the Mavic pro in water .

I have been using the older version float kit called "DJI Mavic Pro/Platinum Float Kit with Smooth 4" Styrofoam Balls" is also "ON SALE" for $34.95 at MikeFlys.com.

Whenever I am flying near any kind of water, I just purchasing the "Mavic Pro/Platinum Float Kit with 3D Printed Squishy Floats" from MikeFlys.com with a regular retail price of $74.95, is now "ON SALE" for only $59.95. Then when you write in the words Canyon Run Videos into the Cart Coupon Code box. When ordering you will receive an additional $5.00 off on this float kit ONLY. The Mavic Pro/Platinum Float Kit with 3D Printed Squishy Floats work FANTASTIC in the air and has excellent stability when landing or flying on or near any water or without water.......

If your Mavic ever goes down in a large body of water, you will easily find it with the brightly colored NEW 3D Printing Squishy Floats. The boyancy of these There are several different colors shown on the MikeFlys.com website by clinking HERE.

PersonaIly, I just updated my MikeFlys.com "DJI Mavic Pro/Platinum Float Kit with Smooth Styrofoam Float Kit is now ON SALE for only $34.95.
with the NEW "Squishy Float Upgrade for the Mavic Styrofoam float kit" that Mike sells at the retail price of $49.95, is now ON SALE for only $29.95 plus shipping.

I am not receiving any personal rolyalties for my personal comments in this post.

Split-the-sky.jpg

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Type B0785LVSJL into Amazon's Search Bar.
White floats.JPG

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-9_2-14-51.png
    upload_2018-2-9_2-14-51.png
    243.6 KB · Views: 23
I ordered the styrofoam floats from MikeFlys.com last year, but it took almost 3 months to get them due to the heavy demand and back orders. They work well, but I do not routinely land my Mavic Pro on water with the floats. In the event of a mishap the floats hopefully will allow the Mavic to be recovered for DJI refresh.
I have a 24 foot aluminum fishing boat that I use to take off and land the Mavic. The only real problem is in attempting to land on the 8 by 8 foot back deck where there are two bilge pumps containing powerful magnets just under the deck. The Mavic constantly switches between the front and back compasses and covers the DJI Go 4 app screen with warning messages.
You can ignore all the comments about avoiding metal boats, but you might be concerned if you have a ferromagnetic steel boat. I am a chicken, so I have been practicing landing my quadcopters with the boat parked on a trailer on dry land. I have found that it is easier to land if you position the camera straight down to position the Mavic directly above the boat, then position the camera level to see how close the Mavic is to potential obstructions. I usually try to approach from the side of the boat so it won’t fly into the cabin if I overshoot due to wind gusts. Remember to remove all your fishing poles and lower your VHF radio antennas. I launch from the back transom, and I have a rubber mat to keep the Mavic from sliding off into the water when the boat is pitched around by the waves.
Also remember that the additional drag and weight of the floats will reduce your speed and flight time. With the floats attached the Mavic is easier to see at long distances. I have been able to fly out about 5000 feet using a spotter, but I used sport mode to get the Mavic back before the battery depleted. It is very hard for me to switch back and forth between looking at the tablet screen and then finding that small dot in the sky, especially over water where there are no reference points. So I always use a spotter to keep the Mavic in sight. Also I have never seen the floats in the camera view, but I have seen shadows or the propellers in sports mode flying against the wind.
I hope my experience will be of some use to you.

I ordered the styrofoam floats from MikeFlys.com last year, but it took almost 3 months to get them due to the heavy demand and back orders. They work well, but I do not routinely land my Mavic Pro on water with the floats. In the event of a mishap the floats hopefully will allow the Mavic to be recovered for DJI refresh.
I have a 24 foot aluminum fishing boat that I use to take off and land the Mavic. The only real problem is in attempting to land on the 8 by 8 foot back deck where there are two bilge pumps containing powerful magnets just under the deck. The Mavic constantly switches between the front and back compasses and covers the DJI Go 4 app screen with warning messages.
You can ignore all the comments about avoiding metal boats, but you might be concerned if you have a ferromagnetic steel boat. I am a chicken, so I have been practicing landing my quadcopters with the boat parked on a trailer on dry land. I have found that it is easier to land if you position the camera straight down to position the Mavic directly above the boat, then position the camera level to see how close the Mavic is to potential obstructions. I usually try to approach from the side of the boat so it won’t fly into the cabin if I overshoot due to wind gusts. Remember to remove all your fishing poles and lower your VHF radio antennas. I launch from the back transom, and I have a rubber mat to keep the Mavic from sliding off into the water when the boat is pitched around by the waves.
Also remember that the additional drag and weight of the floats will reduce your speed and flight time. With the floats attached the Mavic is easier to see at long distances. I have been able to fly out about 5000 feet using a spotter, but I used sport mode to get the Mavic back before the battery depleted. It is very hard for me to switch back and forth between looking at the tablet screen and then finding that small dot in the sky, especially over water where there are no reference points. So I always use a spotter to keep the Mavic in sight. Also I have never seen the floats in the camera view, but I have seen shadows or the propellers in sports mode flying against the wind.
I hope my experience will be of some use to you.
Radman....I was looking for a "Mavic Life Preserver" in case it crashed into the water so DJI Refresh could be used. After much research I found the balls tend to fly off if crashed into the water. I got this one since it has 4 points of attachment to help keep the flotation device attached in the event of a major crash. Also SS lightweight cable throughout (wire runs through carbon fiber tube and raps around noodle). This would be for recovery only but can be landed on calm water. 20180408_151554.jpg

Attachments

• 20180408_151642.jpg
    20180408_151642.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 37
  • 20180408_151604.jpg
    20180408_151604.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 35
  • 20180408_151627.jpg
    20180408_151627.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
Radman....I was looking for a "Mavic Life Preserver" in case it crashed into the water so DJI Refresh could be used. After much research I found the balls tend to fly off if crashed into the water. I got this one since it has 4 points of attachment to help keep the flotation device attached in the event of a major crash. Also SS lightweight cable throughout (wire runs through carbon fiber tube and raps around noodle). This would be for recovery only but can be landed on calm water. View attachment 35348

Source?

Yeah in the spring summer of 2017 I was bombarded with hundreds of orders every month. I farmed out some of the 3d printing but still couldn't keep up.These days I usually have a couple on the shelf and rarely get farther behind than a couple weeks.
Building float kits and other fun stuff on my 3d printers often has to take a back seat to my day job.

Glad you like the kit. Sorry for the long wait.

Mike

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4