DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Mavic For Vacation Use: Noise Concern

Should I be that concerned about the noise?

• Yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

MavicNoise

Reactions
So I am contemplating on getting one of the following:

1. Mavic Pro with Mavic Pro Platinum Propellers
2. Mavic Pro Platinum
3. Mavic Air

Now I want something that I can bring with me on vacation so I can take photos with it. I really love the size of the Mavic Air but am off put by the fact that is the loudest of the three. So taking a boomerang photo or any kind of selfie while around other people (like on a beach) would seem like nuisance. Should I really be concerned about this or am I worried about nothing? At this point the only reason I wouldn't buy the Air is the noise level.

Please share your experience with taking one of these devices on vacation with you.

At approximately 100 feet AGL the Mavic and Platinum will be much less noisy. Get the Mavic Pro and save a few bucks and get the Platinum Props. Then get to 100 feet quick and most people wont even know you are up there. They usually are tipped off because you are staring skyward and have something in your hands.

Does the Mavic Air have the low noise props, and the ESCs that help?

I have a spark, and I am not going with the Air. I originally got the spark because of the size and thought it would be less intrusive. I was wrong, the high pitch whine is pretty loud. I am looking for a Mavic Platinum now. The Mavic pro with plat props is quieter but the high pitch whine is still there, where as the platinum it is just a low buzz. Blew my mind at the DJI store.

Sounds does make a difference, when people hear the drone, I feel like they are curious or find it annoying. I rather them not hear it =P

I can barely hear my Mavic PP when flying, i haven’t taken it away with me yet but I can’t see why I would get any issues with noise, especially when there will be plenty of other noise about! (Sea, Pool, Music etc)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALEXANDRE MARAN GREGOLIN