Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for recommendations for car charger for Mavic 3 batteries and RC

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
to all
I am seeking your recommendations for a car charger for my Mavic 3 battery charging hub and RC Pro using the USB C plug ports. Amazon has so many listings I got confused. We will be on long car rides without access to electricity on a photo tour of Kyrgystan. If the charger can also accommodate other devices (Osmo Pocket, iPhone) and two pin American plugs, all the better!

Dale

If possible, I would looking into portable charges such as those offered by Ecoflow.

Also this is a cool product: Amazon.com

However, if you just want to stick with your car, I would insert a CLA-to-USB-C adapter into the port and go from there, for example: Amazon.com

Reactions: Cafguy
That thing is Awesome added to wishlist. I gotta check this out!
Thanks for your reply however the Symik and the ECoflow products are way too large and heavy for a long travel to Kyrgystan,. Need portability.

Ordered along with the Battery 90 bucks for that kind of little helper is CHEAP Thanks mavic3usa!
CafeGuy, Mavic USA

I had already seen this on Russ's channel 51 Drones, and didn't even give it a thought. Duh!

I am looking for a charger for my Mavic 3 (3) battery charging bank, RC-Pro , as well as regular two prong USA outlet charger for Nikon camera. (Z8) batteries for a 2 week road trip to Kyrgystan. We will be on the road away from electricity for 4 days at at time. Also will be using for Osmo Pocket 3, Osmo Action battery (all with USB C). Will this item fill the bill for what I need?

Dale

Reactions: mavic3usa
CafeGuy, Mavic USA

I had already seen this on Russ's channel 51 Drones, and didn't even give it a thought. Duh!

I am looking for a charger for my Mavic 3 (3) battery charging bank, RC-Pro , as well as regular two prong USA outlet charger for Nikon camera. (Z8) batteries for a 2 week road trip to Kyrgystan. We will be on the road away from electricity for 4 days at at time. Also will be using for Osmo Pocket 3, Osmo Action battery (all with USB C). Will this item fill the bill for what I need?

Dale
This works great. https://www.amazon.com/Hanatora-Ent...refix=mavic+3+hanatora+chargee,aps,121&sr=8-3

CafeGuy, Mavic USA

Dale
I like mavicusa's because I can have power for my soldering iron and a battery charger I think the one mobilhomer shows would do you just as well.

I use a 110 converter and plug my battery charger into that work perfect. plus you can charge everything with it

Reactions: CraigVMN
That Dewalt cigarette lighter-to-USB-C provides only 2.4 A of output. I've been using this 160W device with good results for 18 months. That type of charger is the simplest, lightest, and smallest option I've found. Be sure that your USB cables are capable of handling the output. The older cables I had seriously reduced the charge rate.

As I recall @droning-on-and-on originally recommended that gadget. Thanks.

I learned about it here:

Thanks for posting.

I don't need a charger but I do have a lot of RYOBI tools that use this battery.

I might get one later for the heck of it, but there's only one left at Amazon at the time of this post.

I'll let someone else snag it.

Russ said in his video that he might reach out to SYMIK to get more at the sell price. 🤞

Even a reasonably large battery system will only get you a few charges of the large Mavic 3 batteries. A friend bought a pretty big Ecoflow and was shocked at how few times it could charge is Mavic 3 batteries. If you are in car then a Converter or two of the cigarette batteries I posted above are the way to go. During summer I sometimes travel and fly going place to place for 20hrs with three or four drones in tow and have two or three batteries being charged constantly.

Second this (I actually have the same charger) and the notion that a high wattage 12v-to-USB-C PD car charger is the way to go. 12V "cigarette lighter" plugs are pretty universal and can easily power a 100W+ charger that will be compatible with every device the OP lists without having to mess with US or European plugs and converters and all that.

The single most important thing you need is to make sure that the charger is listed as being "PD" compatible. "PD" stands for "Power Distribution" and it's a relatively new standard that allows USB-C charging ports to deliver as much as 100W of charging power. The second thing you need to do is to make sure you get USB charging cables that are also listed as being "PD" compatible. Not all cables are, and you your cable isn't compatible then you won't get the higher charging speeds.

I'm not familiar with the Mavic 3 and whether or not it can take advantage of PD-compliant chargers, but my Mini 3 Pro can and if you've got the right charger and cable it can charge at rates up to 30W of power. This is around three times faster than most conventional USB chargers. The three-slot battery charger I bought to charge my Mini 3 Pro batteries has a set of four lights for each battery, and you can tell by how fast they sequentially light up whether or not you've got a faster or slower charger attached to it.

The single most important thing you need is to make sure that the charger is listed as being "PD" compatible. "PD" stands for "Power Distribution" and it's a relatively new standard that allows USB-C charging ports to deliver as much as 100W of charging power. The second thing you need to do is to make sure you get USB charging cables that are also listed as being "PD" compatible. Not all cables are, and you your cable isn't compatible then you won't get the higher charging speeds.

I'm not familiar with the Mavic 3 and whether or not it can take advantage of PD-compliant chargers, but my Mini 3 Pro can and if you've got the right charger and cable it can charge at rates up to 30W of power. This is around three times faster than most conventional USB chargers. The three-slot battery charger I bought to charge my Mini 3 Pro batteries has a set of four lights for each battery, and you can tell by how fast they sequentially light up whether or not you've got a faster or slower charger attached to it.
I bought this and it was delivered today . It is specific to Mavic 3. I was not able to see anything relating to "PD" on this listing however. There is an additional advantage in that there is a USB port on it also for the RC-pro with a USB/USBC cord. Let me know what you think because I can return this one to Amazon within a certain time after purchase.

Dale
Miami
Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 7.51.57 PM.png

I am curious to hear how well it works once you have it and can play with it.

Reactions: jephoto
I am curious to hear how well it works once you have it and can play with it.
I plan on giving it a whirl tomorrow. Today was a big rainstorm here.. I will plug it into my car and see if it charges the M3 batteries and how long it takes. I'll report back to you tomorrow.

Dale
Miami

I bought this and it was delivered today . It is specific to Mavic 3. I was not able to see anything relating to "PD" on this listing however. There is an additional advantage in that there is a USB port on it also for the RC-pro with a USB/USBC cord. Let me know what you think because I can return this one to Amazon within a certain time after purchase.
That charger doesn't use USB-C for battery charging, so whether it's "PD" compliant or not is a moot point. "PD" is a USB-C thing.

Where you'd want to use a PD charger is if you had a charging dock that was powered by a USB-C connection, like the DJI Mavic 3 Series 100W Battery Charging Hub. But, again, I'm not that familiar with the Mavic 3 and as it's an older product it may not use the PD standard - indeed I don't see "PD" noted anywhere in the listing for that charger. It's very possible that they have some sort of semi-proprietary non-PD compliant way of getting 100W through that USB-C connector.

The advantage of using a PD-compatible charging dock with a PD-compatible charger (and cable!) is that you can use the charger with other PD-compatible equipment such as phones, laptops, tablets, cameras, etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne