DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best place to find micro USB controller cable?

TerKelDing

Reactions
Hey everyone,

This might be a little silly of a question, but I just got a LG Stylo 3 that I am going to be using with mt Mavic Pro first gen as a dedicated screen. I only have the Lightning cable for my controller and I am looking for a place to buy the correct, DJI brand micro USB one for the Android phone. I bought an aftermarket one off Amazon for now, but honestly its quality seems a little iffy and I just feel better using the correct DJI made cable to avoid any problems. I went to order one from the DJI website but the shipping is astoundingly high! The cable is $10 and they charge $15 - yes, you read that right! - $15 dollars shipping on top of that! I mean, come on. It doesn't even weigh an ounce. I'm not going to pay that kind of nonsense so I thought I would ask here if anyone has any good ideas where to find this or good DJI resellers that may have it.

Thank you!

there's nothing special about the DJI cable and no requirement to use it. just find a decent quality braided cover cable and use it.
Yeah, I figure the DJI cable is just a normal data cable, but the braided one I bought online is just cheap feeling and it a little tool long, by maybe 1/2" to fit the controller correctly. It binds up and will eventually fail due to the poor fit. That is one reason I prefer going with the proper accessories designed by the company that made the overall product. you can rely on them to work and work well.

I use that same phone it does a good job just keep it out of the sun it gets hot fast if you don't..

Reactions: TerKelDing
I use that same phone it does a good job just keep it out of the sun it gets hot fast if you don't..

Glad to hear it does a good job! I just started using it instead of my iPad Pro - much lighter and easier to handle. Thanks for the tip about the sun and heat too!

Yeah, I figure the DJI cable is just a normal data cable, but the braided one I bought online is just cheap feeling and it a little tool long, by maybe 1/2" to fit the controller correctly. It binds up and will eventually fail due to the poor fit. That is one reason I prefer going with the proper accessories designed by the company that made the overall product. you can rely on them to work and work well.
Drone Valley sells cables that are the perfect length, I have bought several of them (one for each of my drones).
Drone Valley

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb