DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Range Extender for Mavic 2 Pro

Hi there!

This is my first post on this site, so please excuse any mistakes I make.

I just purchased the Mavic 2 Pro, and it is quite different from the Phantoms I am used to. For my Phantom 4 Pro v2.0, I purchased a cheap no-installation-required range extender, but it worked only so well, considering I live in an area densely populated with trees. For the Mavic 2 Pro, I am looking for a range extender that is able to send signal through trees and get me the 4-5 miles advertised by DJI. I am open to any sort of extender.

I did some surface research and found DroneWorld's antenna with installed Helical antenna/range extender. Has anybody bought this remote? And do I need to install anything on the drone unit itself if I already bought it from a vendor other than Drone World? Or can I just connect the new remote to the vehicle?

Thanks
Just curious what is the farthest distance that you have flown your mavic pro 2 using be purchased controller or smart controller that comes with your drone without any signal boosters?

Just curious what is the farthest that anyone has flown in mavic pro 2 with the controller or smart controller that was purchased with the unit without using any signal boosters?
In the AZ desert I have flown to about 3/4 miles with stock controller until signal gets weak. Using my Alienware antenna and strobes on the bird I can get at least 2.5 miles out in the same conditions and have full strength signal on the controller. I have not gone farther as I lose easy site of the strobes at this distance.

In the AZ desert I have flown to about 3/4 miles with stock controller until signal gets weak. Using my Alienware antenna and strobes on the bird I can get at least 2.5 miles out in the same conditions and have full strength signal on the controller. I have not gone farther as I lose easy site of the strobes at this distance.
Thanks for the info Tomorrow.

Thanks for the info Tom.

Titan Switch system for Mavic 2 Pro, boosted 3 watt amplifiers for RC and Video , +9DB omni direction whip antennae, Tested 5 kilometers out and 5 kilometers back with almost full signal at 5 kilometers.
IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0233.JPG

Last edited:
I did a mod on the Mavic pro, I used ITelite, i higly recomand to buy å 2. controller. The point og the mavic is portability. After mod it was a lot og Hazzel and unstability. Am not going to do it on the Mavic 2 pro bevise it have auto dual switch 2.4ghz and 5ghz

This guy got over 6 miles... No idea if he was actually using the stock stuff though.

the Max range test video guy responded to me on youtube on whether he was boosting his signal to 1.5watt. He said it was all stock settings. He didn't even realize there was a boost hack for it, until I asked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
My flight detailed above was 6.3 miles thats out and back and arrived with 43% battery left.

To be honest, I think a lot of people fly beyond line of sight.
They are BS'ing if they say they don't. . Even with Chris Kyle's spotter, you will have a hard time seeming a drone 3 miles away. It's possible with a long range spotting scope but who really does this as a general hobbyist. With good camera control and common sense to stay away from populated and busy areas, you are better off seeing your environment. I'm not advocating breaking your local laws. It just the typical, "actions of the few dictate the conditions for all" stuff

Reactions: Bryce steiner
Just the idea of looking down at your device even for a couple seconds means the drone is no longer in line of sight. People who claim they don't are not telling the truth.

I got just under 5 miles stock controller with $8 dollar parabolic reflectors, I was on a steep hill about 400 feet up and flew strait out over flat city (safely). I had no problems except the battery made me come back sooner than I wanted I'm sure it would have gone a lot further...

Reactions: Bryce steiner
I got just under 5 miles stock controller with $8 dollar parabolic reflectors, I was on a steep hill about 400 feet up and flew strait out over flat city (safely). I had no problems except the battery made me come back sooner than I wanted I'm sure it would have gone a lot further...
I got the same thing and it really does work.

Well I cant answer for everyone else, I do my due dilligence before I fly, every time. If I go beyond VLOS it will be out to sea, over a reservoir or water or below tree top height where I can be 99.99999% sure I will not encounter any air traffic. All laws are open to interpretation, or there would be no need for lawyers in this world. In law intent is everything. Youtube has millions of videos online of people flying beyond VLOS, I would hazard a guess that the majority of drone users do fly beyond VLOS even though they know the rules. But the CAA in the UK and the FAA in the USA, do not prosecute these people. Why? Because it is not worth their while doing it. It would clog up the already clogged up legal system. They only prosecute people who show no regard for dangerous flying. I am not condoning flying however you like, regardless of the risk, far from it. But people who do not push back against tougher and tougher legislation, when that legislation is mostly based on fear, and hysteria in the press do our hobby no good whatsoever in my opinion.

As an example, an airline pilot in the UK coming into land at Robin Hood airport near Sheffield reported a close encounter with a "drone", he was at 15,500 feet and flying at 390 mph, this was reported in the UK press. We both know there isnt a drone on the market that would get to that altitude if it took off from sea level, which Sheffield is, on top of that with a maximum decent speed of 3m/s it would never get back down from that altitude before the battery ran out. At 390 mph would you really be able to identify it as a drone, I seriously doubt that.

This above case it typical of drone hysteria by the press and the airlines in general, who would see all hobby drones banned if they could possibly achieve it. In the UK in the 4 years I have been flying I have only ever seen one serious injury, a boy who was blinded in one eye by his father, who was flying a toy drone is his back garden. My government and yours do not put speed restrictors on cars, so they will only achieve the speed limit in towns and freeways despite, many thousands of people being killed by vehicles speeding every year.
In the us we dont care!! Terrible huh..

I recently purchased 4Hawks Raptor SR range extender for my Mavic 2 Pro. For all my past DJI drones I've always used DBSMods Range extenders which produced amazing results. I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical before purchasing this brand but can definitely say I'm more than impressed with it's performance and build quality. Inside the box, range extender is provided with everything to get the job done to include tools. The only thing not provided was the 1.5mm Allen key which is definitely needed for the initial screws to get the RC open. Install was definitely a bit nerve wrecking but all worked out. RC was actually not hard at all to open but you have to pay attention before opening the RC as there are very small ribbon cables to unplug. Also while opening, do not and I repeat do not stick any screwdrivers inside the RC to pry open as a board or contacts can easily be scratched to include easily ripping a ribbon cable. Install took all of an hour and 15mins. I'm located here in Miami, FL and haven't done a full test as of yet but can say that there a big difference from stock antennas where I use to get disconnecting issues with RC to aircraft. For those looking for a great range extender, 4Hawks is a great product.

Attachments

• 20190610_215700.jpg
    20190610_215700.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 86
  • 20190610_215720.jpg
    20190610_215720.jpg
    1,002.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 20190610_215741.jpg
    20190610_215741.jpg
    955.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 20190610_215815.jpg
    20190610_215815.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 88
  • 20190610_215825.jpg
    20190610_215825.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: conchman
My Titan lhc polarised does not rotate its fixed by a twist lock system, my Titan dual band omni directional whips do move forward and backwards like the original antennae

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Igwe3