DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best set of ND filter right now ? Should we wait ?

Polar Pro consistently delivers quality filters along with a good warranty and good customer service. I only have experience with them on certain drones but have been very happy - no color casts and no image degradation. I am a professional photographer as well and am extremely *****/picky about everything. I looked at Skyreat but the manufacturer has repeatedly ignored my numerous inquiries about quality issues, so I personally would not give them my money, nor will I be buying my MP2 filters from them. Polar Pro is usually the safest bet, and they are still cheap enough relative to the cost of the drone that in my opinion there is no point in cheaping out on filters trying to save a few bucks. They are also something that directly affect image quality, so you want them to be good. The other thing to watch out for on less well-known brands is if the weight is such that it interferes with gimbal calibration - I think PP has had issues with this in the distant past but have long been resolved.

When deciding what filters you need/want, keep in mind that diffraction starts to degrade the MP2 image beyond F4, so if you are picky about image quality (sounds like you are if you want good filters) after F4 you should be using ND filters instead of just using smaller apertures if you want the most out of the MP2. I've seen some threads telling people to only use ND filters after F11 and that is very poor advice if you care about image quality.
Yes, if they don't rip you off. I ordered and got a shipment confirmation with a shipping label but they were never sent. Now they won't answer me back and I gave them a 24 hour notice if they didn't respond I was filing for a refund with PayPal.

I just placed my order yesterday. It says it will ship on October 10th. I think they have a backlog. I wonder if it is affecting your shipment.

Besides your email, if I was you I would actually call them on the phone. They do have a number on their website. I called it yesterday, but did not get anybody on first or second try. I tried like 4 times at different times and finally got someone on the phone and he was very helpful.
I hope you get them but it's looking like they're pulling some fast ones. You better buy with PayPal or another good Co. that will work to get your refund. They won't even answer emails now.

Last edited:
I hope you get them but it's looking like they're pulling some fast ones. You better buy with PayPal or another go Co. that will work to get your refund. They won't even answer emails now.

Who are we talking about here? RJ

I tracked down the owners email and got an almost immediate response...it was cut and paste and addressed to someone else but it was a response...

No help on getting my order straightened out but did get it cancelled and the PayPal refund hit my account not too long after...

try it: jeff overall <[email protected]>

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
I hope you get them but it's looking like they're pulling some fast ones. You better buy with PayPal or another good Co. that will work to get your refund. They won't even answer emails now.

Yes, I paid with paypal. So, I hope I can get my money back if they do not ship.

I see it seems all the filter companies are on backlog or something.

As for PolarPro, I am surprised this is happening because I actually spoke with someone before I bought mine and he was very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable.

We probably need to start a new thread to see who has recently received filters from which company and does the filter fit with the gimbal on the drone? Is there any manufacturer that has this? I hear the recent delay is because all the manufacturers seem to be getting updated filters that would fit with our gimbal cover.

Anybody got any new filters from any company that fits? Got pictures to share? Cost? And how long did it take you to get your filter? I ask because it seems every company there is on a backlog. I guess that also means they truly get all their filters from same supplier.

I tracked down the owners email and got an almost immediate response...it was cut and paste and addressed to someone else but it was a response...

No help on getting my order straightened out but did get it cancelled and the PayPal refund hit my account not too long after...

try it: jeff overall <[email protected]>

That is good for you.

What company are you going to buy from now?

Yes, if they don't rip you off. I ordered and got a shipment confirmation with a shipping label but they were never sent. Now they won't answer me back and I gave them a 24 hour notice if they didn't respond I was filing for a refund with PayPal.

I am not sure why you quoted my post specifically, but have you called them? My primary interaction with them has been over the phone but I had no trouble talking to an actual person who answered all my questions at the time. Their website says business hours are Mon-Fri 9am-5pm PST and they are on no fewer than 5 social media platforms. You can also try PM one of the Polar Pro employees that frequent these forums.

The chances that Polar Pro has simply decided to start ripping people off is essentially zero - that is not the conclusion I would come to anyway. Probably a misunderstanding somewhere along the line. Try to get get a hold of someone on the phone.

If you still can't get a hold of them and want your money back, just do a charge-back on your credit card, they are typically fast and easy for small dollar amounts - probably much faster than PayPal's process.

I've been waiting literal months for Skyreat to answer a simple product question and have sent 5 separate inquiries over that time - so 24 hours doesn't seem too bad haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: kilomikebravo
When I ordered they sent emails right away and told me they would be shipping in Sept. 22nd and I have a email telling me my order was shipped 9/24 but the USPS is saying a label was printed but no record of pickup. Polar Pro won't respond now. Who knows what's up with them. I probably have a thousand dollars of their filters.

When I ordered they sent emails right away and told me they would be shipping in Sept. 22nd and I have a email telling me my order was shipped 9/24 but the USPS is saying a label was printed but no record of pickup. Polar Pro won't respond now. Who knows what's up with them. I probably have a thousand dollars of their filters.

Talk to someone on the phone. The problem could also be with UPS (they lose packages all the time). If you don't want to call them, here are all the ways you can contact them as per their website:

949-220-9395
9am-5pm PST

Polar Pro's Member Profile for private message --> Account active today on the forums. The last reply from them was literally an offer to help someone track down something.
PolarPro

Email & others:
PolarPro | Contact Us

If you still have no luck, just initiate a charge-back on your credit card. Chances are they didn't just decide to steal people's money at the beginning of a massive business boom for them (release of M2Z/M2P) ;)

Slow down everyone. It is a national holiday week in China right now so for the most part, don’t plan on seeing filters shipped for at least another week. The fact that filter frames were slightly oversized to accommodate a better grip, it was easy for them to overlook the gimbal cover fit. I’m sure some of you will ask, how did all of them make the same oversight? That’s easy, same OEM factory. In this market, all of the retailers were eager to get their products to market in time of launch. Within days of getting their products into peoples hands, the fitment issue was identified and the factory immediately corrected production. Unfortunately, that corrected production fell right during this holiday for them. Have some patience give it another week or so and we will have updated filters from your brand of choice.

If anyone needs specific help with their order shoot me an email: [email protected] . We have received an unprecedented amount of orders and support tickets for the Mavic 2. We are in complete defense mode right now, and try to un-dig ourselves. I do apologize if you get a response that is not personalized, it is the only way we are going to get through all these tickets. 98% of the orders shipped today. A few custom orders and Gradient orders got pushed back until October 12th. Those emails went out today. We have our entire company working customer service and shipping right now, and doing everything we can. Your support tickets will get answered, however it is going to take longer than normal. If you need a refund or to cancel and order sit tight, we will get to it we promise, If its urgent send me an email and I will personally help you. Again, demand for this one is far greater than expected, we are doing our best at shipping and responding to thousands of orders and emails a day. -Jeff from PolarPro

Hi Steve, I just checked the system, your orders was one of the ones that left today, Tracking will update tonight and you will receive them Friday.
We did make a mistake and batch-printed shipping labels early on a lot of orders and I apologize for that. Let me know if you need any additional help,
-Jeff from PolarPro

If anyone needs specific help with their order shoot me an email: [email protected] . We have received an unprecedented amount of orders and support tickets for the Mavic 2. We are in complete defense mode right now, and try to un-dig ourselves. I do apologize if you get a response that is not personalized, it is the only way we are going to get through all these tickets. 98% of the orders shipped today. A few custom orders and Gradient orders got pushed back until October 12th. Those emails went out today. We have our entire company working customer service and shipping right now, and doing everything we can. Your support tickets will get answered, however it is going to take longer than normal. If you need a refund or to cancel and order sit tight, we will get to it we promise, If its urgent send me an email and I will personally help you. Again, demand for this one is far greater than expected, we are doing our best at shipping and responding to thousands of orders and emails a day. -Jeff from PolarPro

Thanks for finally getting out here and giving some context Jeff...

If this note had come last week all of this could have been avoided...people are genuinely forgiving/understanding when you're upfront with them but after they've called and emailed more than a few times without any response frustration sets in and once it does it's hard to dislodge...

Thanks for finally getting out here and giving some context Jeff...

If this note had come last week all of this could have been avoided...people are genuinely forgiving/understanding when you're upfront with them but after they've called and emailed more than a few times without any response frustration sets in and once it does it's hard to dislodge...
Totally understand! I wish we had more people here and instead of providing individual updates, we will provide the mass email update first so we dont get buried in tickets. Thanks for understanding!
-Jeff from PolarPro

Slow down everyone. It is a national holiday week in China right now so for the most part, don’t plan on seeing filters shipped for at least another week. The fact that filter frames were slightly oversized to accommodate a better grip, it was easy for them to overlook the gimbal cover fit. I’m sure some of you will ask, how did all of them make the same oversight? That’s easy, same OEM factory. In this market, all of the retailers were eager to get their products to market in time of launch. Within days of getting their products into peoples hands, the fitment issue was identified and the factory immediately corrected production. Unfortunately, that corrected production fell right during this holiday for them. Have some patience give it another week or so and we will have updated filters from your brand of choice.

Our filters fit ;)
-Jeff from PolarPro

Totally understand! I wish we had more people here and instead of providing individual updates, we will provide the mass email update first so we dont get buried in tickets. Thanks for understanding!
-Jeff from PolarPro

And this is why PolarPro is GREAT!

I like how they have come out to explain to us all. It seems they are definitely the filter with the most sales hence the larger orders that they got slmammed with. They cannot keep up woth demand, but I see they are getting things in order and getting back to us to clarify.

I say that is good customer service.

Mine says it will ship on October 10th. i hope I get it soon though it will miss being with me on a short trip I wanted to take it with me and use.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661