DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best single battery option with the Battery Clip Mod

From the research ive been doing, I see @Aumoe has had some good straight line runs with the hs 6000/8000 on the mp2z. Thinking of modding my bird with a batt clip and slapping an hs 8000 3s on the mp1.

anyone run this setup before? Also, per the amazon pic there looks to be additional four wires to connect, what are they for (im new to this)?

From the research ive been doing, I see @Aumoe has had some good straight line runs with the hs 6000/8000 on the mp2z. Thinking of modding my bird with a batt clip and slapping an hs 8000 3s on the mp1.

anyone run this setup before? Also, per the amazon pic there looks to be additional four wires to connect, what are they for (im new to this)?
I think it would work well. But I would use the 11.4(will post a link). I used 2 multi star 5200s on mavic 1 and reached the limit , so it can handle the weight. You should remove plastic case and add some shrink wrap for best results.

Reactions: shot_by_SU
I think it would work well. But I would use the 11.4(will post a link). I used 2 multi star 5200s on mavic 1 and reached the limit , so it can handle the weight. You should remove plastic case and add some shrink wrap for best results.

Sweet! Thanks!

Reactions: Aumoe
Hi Folks,
Can anyone tell me please why I am only starting with 94% battery (on my Mavic air) when using the battery clip mod - do I need to charge to a different voltage, Im using standard lipos atm, I've used 3000 20c 3s and a 2200 25c 3s and all start on 94%... I am in non dji battery mode.

Hi Folks,
Can anyone tell me please why I am only starting with 94% battery (on my Mavic air) when using the battery clip mod - do I need to charge to a different voltage, Im using standard lipos atm, I've used 3000 20c 3s and a 2200 25c 3s and all start on 94%... I am in non dji battery mode.
Because the drone battery is 4.35 an lipo is 4.20. So when you hook up it's draining your drone battery down .Use a lihv it's 4.35 same as drone won't have the drop. Or you can overcharge the lipos a little to reduce the voltage drop.

Because the drone battery is 4.35 an lipo is 4.20. So when you hook up it's draining your drone battery down .Use a lihv it's 4.35 same as drone won't have the drop. Or you can overcharge the lipos a little to reduce the voltage drop.
Many thanks @Aumoe! :)

Reactions: Aumoe
Doing the two 5200s was handled well by the Mavic? I ask because I am using 2 x 3.0 Multistars gifted to me by @sprtbkrydr to get me going with the mod on the M1, I am leary of anything heavier. So it’s safe to creep up higher on the weight. I see some folks say they try it and it’s too much, some pilots say it smooth sailing. I have been afraid to try!

Doing the two 5200s was handled well by the Mavic? I ask because I am using 2 x 3.0 Multistars gifted to me by @sprtbkrydr to get me going with the mod on the M1, I am leary of anything heavier. So it’s safe to creep up higher on the weight. I see some folks say they try it and it’s too much, some pilots say it smooth sailing. I have been afraid to try!
I did a run to the limit this morning with 2 5200s. Loading video on YouTube now an will post air date in leaderboard thread. Got back with 8%battery. Only thing is I try not to fly with the 5200s if wind is above 6 or 7 mph

Reactions: Texas Mavic
I did a run to the limit this morning with 2 5200s. Loading video on YouTube now an will post air date in leaderboard thread. Got back with 8%battery. Only thing is I try not to fly with the 5200s if wind is above 6 or 7 mph
Fantastic. Looking forward to the video.

here you go
What’s your RC setup?anything changed in Assistant to note? Battery settings and things of the sort?
Man I hope you can get this on the Leaderboard!!! Great work, I’m trying to achieve the same.

Those parameter changes are in sport or gps? It’s hard to see. I have the mas prop, and was getting prop errors so I bumped up the position or gps mode speeds, and carrying the 3.0’s I see now I should bump up the acc as well....Awesome. What power amp are you using I to your 4 hawks?

I didn't have no luck with MAS probs when add weight. Better to use platinum low noise ones in my opinion. I do 25 tilt in GPS and 4 on Acceleration, 26 and 5 in sport in case I get a tailwind. Not sure on amps their 2.4 but came in a box should be 4000amps I think 15588256032796369747494085230234.jpg

Reactions: Texas Mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15