DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best tablet to use Dji GO fly on.

bebbe

Reactions
I am going to buy me a new tablet. One of it’s main tasks will be as a tool for my Mavic Mini (and maybe later for a PRO [emoji3]).

What should I buy?

Have iPhone now, guess iPad could work. But which one? And maybe android also could work fine?

What would you all have bought?

Last edited:
Do a quick search and will find heaps of suggestions.... :)

Reactions: bebbe
Is it worth spendig the extra money on the 256 GB memory?
I think it would be worthwhile if you're going to use your iPad Mini to store/edit videos and/or run other apps that require a lot of storage space (most apps don't). However, if you're planning on using it to do nothing but run DJI Fly to fly, then the 64 GB iPad Mini would be more than sufficient.

Yes, I have seen quite many say that [emoji848]

Is it worth spendig the extra money on the 256 GB memory?

If you are just going to be using the tablet for flying, 32 GB is sufficient. I have several iPads with DJI Go, Go 4, DJI Pilot, and DJI Fly on them and each of those Apps takes up less than 3 GB.

If you are looking to cache and store a lot of photos or videos on the device or put a bunch of other Apps on it, you may want to go bigger than 32 GB.

I'm also looking for a tablet that doesn't ruin my wallet.Those who comment that the iPad MINI 4, which comes with Wi-Fi, does not bring GPS. If you do not bring GPS as you do to pilot, you will not be able to make certain automatic flights that need GPS, the maps will look correctly '??

I remember flying my spark with my 7 year old nexus tablet. It wasn't on the list of compatible tablets but flew fine. Unfortunately it can't be upgraded to run android 6 so I'm currently looking for another one.

iPad Mini 5 is a great little device. Unfortunately, it's new enough that there aren't any sales on it. I have the 64G cellular model. You may discover once you have it that you use it a lot for web surfing and just general fun stuff. It's a very convenient size.

iPad mini 4 or 5, Lumafusion is a great nonlinear editing tool/ app

Yes! A fantastic combo for flight and vid editing!
I have a re-furbished (Amazon) iPad mini 4, 128gb, WiFi/cellular for MA flight. Received in excellent condition!

I use a 9.7 128gb iPad 6 gen with LumaFusion. Run 4K vids easily.

I use an iPad Air 1 Cellular fo both Go and Go 4; it works perfectly. I also have an iPhone XS and there is no difference in performance.

I bought me a iPad mini 5 With 64Gb. Got some money of because it was ”almost ” cybermonday [emoji16]

• Haha
Reactions: TDZHDTV
Hi, the iPad 6 with 4K, what frame rate can it run? Have you tried stacking 4K tracks?

I usually video using 4K/24fps.
No I haven’t tried stacking more than several tracks.
As a matter fact, I usually convert to 1080 before editing because many devices will gag just trying to play back one 4K Track.
I’m very satisfied with the results.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato