DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best track locator for mavic

manuel87roma

Reactions
Hello everyone i was just wondering whats the best gps track locator that coukd be used on the mavic in case of loss or crashing somewhere far from sightview. Any suggestion?
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

You can find a list of commonly used trackers here.

The Marco Polo tracker is the smallest available tracker. It does not track with GPS though.

Last edited:
You can find a list of commonly used trackers here.

The Marco Polo tracker is the smallest available tracker. It does not track with GPS though.

Yeah i've seen it, but i was looking for something cheaper than that. I've also seen some bluetooth little tracker like loc8tor or tile but i'm not sure because if i'm faraway from the drone it wouldn't really work. So i need something that tells me where the drone is with an app on the phone or something

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have ordered the RF-V16 Mini GPS Tracker Locator off Amazon for $65.99. Took awhile for it to get here but not anywhere as long as it took to get my Mavic....LOL ... Now I'm looking for a SIM card for the device. According to US Cellular, they cannot support it because they can not Brand it to their network... Which to me sounds like a bunch of BS... But I am seeing squawk on other forums that a T-Mobile Sim card and $10 month will work. Will update when I have something definite.

Just looked... ordered thru Amazon since their website could not even do math! Lol... price was 9.99, tax 0.00, you pay 19.98 and I selected that I did not want more free stuff! Anyway I should have it by the 18th and we will see if it works!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I don't think a GPS tracker is necessary for the Mavic as its position can usually be determined by the app used for flying.
So I just added a Loc8tor transmitter at the rear, just above the LED and attached by adhesive velcro. This will support finding the Mavic on the last 100 meters, e.g. if landed within high gras of farmland.

GerdS... Probably not but I have had a couple of Fly Aways with my phantom that resulted in hours of locating and recovery. Once bitten, ya know.... I was able to get near the downed Phantom but due to ground cover, we walked around it several times where as this unit can be called and it's 'ringer' would have made locating much easier...

I have a Phantom 2, too. Just the original version without Vision or Vision+. As there is no app which will report location I am using a RF-V16 tracker there, too. But on the Mavic I don't feel that it's necessary. But anyway, never had a flyaway with the almost 3 y/o Phantom 2, it's just for caution.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aodgizmo