DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Video setting for download to Iphone

Andymull

Reactions
HI all,

i have been looking for the best settings to use so that i can download the video taken straight to my iphone 8 or Fire HD8 (will use going forwards) so that i can edit them and share with friends or family.

Obviously 4k is the best, but its not practical for me unless i purchase a new laptop / tablet capable for editing, by the way, what tablet would be best for this?? and how would you transfer from the Drone to this?

(not very good with editing software).

Thanks in advance
Andy

HI all,

i have been looking for the best settings to use so that i can download the video taken straight to my iphone 8 or Fire HD8 (will use going forwards) so that i can edit them and share with friends or family.

Obviously 4k is the best, but its not practical for me unless i purchase a new laptop / tablet capable for editing, by the way, what tablet would be best for this?? and how would you transfer from the Drone to this?

(not very good with editing software).

Thanks in advance
Andy
From what I have learned over the past year is to edit/render at the highest level your computer can handle. When it comes to downloading to phones, I use a direct file transfer to the phone, that way you are maintaining that high level of the file. The phone's ability will play it at the phones highest level, but if you use another platform (FB, Instagram, Tic Toc...) that service will compress the file to fit its format (size, length or quality). Its best to start with the best you can and go from there, there are somethings you have no control over.

From what I have learned over the past year is to edit/render at the highest level your computer can handle. When it comes to downloading to phones, I use a direct file transfer to the phone, that way you are maintaining that high level of the file. The phone's ability will play it at the phones highest level, but if you use another platform (FB, Instagram, Tic Toc...) that service will compress the file to fit its format (size, length or quality). Its best to start with the best you can and go from there, there are somethings you have no control over.

Hi Recoveryone,

Thanks for the reply. I have found a couple of apps that might help me too.
Pretty new to this stuff and i am very keen on learning to use my drone to its fullest potential especially during this "lock down" period and hoping to pick up some new skills along the way.

Not got FB or Instagram, but will be looking at an Instagram account should i manage to get some decent clips or images.

Again thanks...

Take care

Hi Recoveryone,

Thanks for the reply. I have found a couple of apps that might help me too.
Pretty new to this stuff and i am very keen on learning to use my drone to its fullest potential especially during this "lock down" period and hoping to pick up some new skills along the way.

Not got FB or Instagram, but will be looking at an Instagram account should i manage to get some decent clips or images.

Again thanks...

Take care
Remember Instagram's compression/picture format

Not sure if you are asking for editing software but I am a total novice and have been using Luma Fusion in my iPad mini. It has handled every video I have thrown at it and with my limited skills it has been pretty easy to learn. The initial price is $30 which is a little steep but there are no monthly fees etc. stay safe!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929