DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best way to store Batteries when not used for weeks

Tinychris80

Reactions
Hello, I only fly my Magic pro platinum every few weeks, so I'm just waiting to know what is the the practice for keeping the batteries in the best condition? Thanks

Best I can tell, there is no Time To Discharge setting in the android Go4 app

Question: will the CrystalSky Battery auto discharge?

Best I can tell, there is no Time To Discharge setting in the android Go4 app
That setting is not available for all DJI drones. When it's not there, the setting defaults to 10 days.

Reactions: Thomas B and JAW
I've determined pressing the battery button to check it's level does not reset the discharge clock. At least not with M2 batteries.

Can't you just leave the battery in the smart charger and let the charger keep it topped up?

Can't you just leave the battery in the smart charger and let the charger keep it topped up?
No. Even if it was possible, it's not a great idea to charge batteries while you're not around to ensure nothing goes wrong.

Whatever you do, don’t do what I did as a newby... I stored them in my foam case fully charged. Freaked me out when I opened the case and tried using them the following week - they were all very warm and only at 80% or so. I thought they were shorting or something. Well, they were shorting in theory, but they were also very warm being enclosed like that. Doh!

Storing them outside a foam case keeps them much cooler during auto discharge.

Last edited:
Your batteries should live a long life if you follow the tips in this guide:
HOW TO: Maintain and store your DJI Mavic batteries

So it's best to let it discharge on it's own? I've been letting it hover to drain to 50-60% but I have 4 batteries now and would take a while to do it that way. Was gonna fly yesterday but I couldn't because of high wind so now have 4 fully charged batteries

Whatever you do, don’t do what I did as a newby... I stored them in my foam case fully charged. Freaked me out when I opened the case and tried using them the following week - they were all very warm and only at 80% or so. I thought they were shorting or something. Well, they were shorting in theory, but they were also very warm being enclosed like that. Doh!

Storing them outside a foam case keeps them much cooler during auto discharge.
Never thought of that. I guess my batteries have done this a few times. How long does the discharging take once it reaches 10 days?

Never thought of that. I guess my batteries have done this a few times. How long does the discharging take once it reaches 10 days?
That’s a good question, and another stupid newby thing I did- pushes button - “oh’ it’s still at the same level, I thought it was supposed to discharge” - pushes button a few days later- “What? It’s still full, something is wrong with it” - wastes time discharging batteries by running them in parked drone one at a time...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure