DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BestBuy TotalTech vs DJI Refresh - something new to consider

Dougcjohn

Reactions
For what it's worth... something to consider.

I purchased a Mavic 3 FlyMore Kit at BestBuy yesterday.
Basically to have "eyes on" examination and to explore the Mavic 3 a bit closer.
BestBuy in my State does not charge any Restock Fees and provides 45 days to return (Elite Plus Member).
Note: The new TotalTech below provides 60 days return option.
I didn't purchase the TotalTech yet... so if I decide to retain the M3; I'd need to return & repurchase the M3 Kit & TotalTech together.

What was new to me was the new BestBuy TotalTech @ $200 per Year and $99 Replacements (Drone, TV, Camera, etc).
That's something to consider in comparison to the DJI Refresh or even some Insurance - StateFarm plans.
Many Insurance Policies will replace 1 time, and that may be 1 time on Policy... not specifically 1 per Craft on policy.

DJI Refresh, we're all aware - 2 Replacements for 1 year subscription and 3 times for 2 year subscription.
For the Mavic 3 the Refresh Care is $239 1 yr and cost of replacements; 1st @ $159, 2nd @ $199.

While purchasing the M3 FlyMore kit, they were wanting to pitch their BestBuy TotalTech Subscription.
They offer their TotalTech for $200 per Year and it will replace the Drone 2 times at $99 per instance per yearly subscription.
You can renew for 2yrs coverage currently, but that might be extended... that's an uncertainty BestBuy is exploring.

The nice thing on the BestBuy TotoalTech subscription that covers "Anything" purchased "after" the TotalTech subscription is purchased.
If you purchase a TV, Camera, appliance, etc... 1 TotalTech subscription covers all. So you could purchase a TV with TotalTech and later purchase a drone.

Getting drone covered for 2x Crash replacements @ $99 each for 1 year, with option to renew a 2nd year.
And gain additional services: free delivery & setup of purchases, free GeekService, etc.

DJI now offers a FLY Away service which I think also covers a Water loss: replacement at $799 for M3.
BestBuy does NOT... you must return the Drone to be replaced.

1639246326710.png

Last edited:
How do all these plans, DJI and BestBuy, apply if you are flying part 107
From my conversations, the DJI Refresh and BestBuy have no clause for PT107 and apply for the coverage. Although Insurance Companies, ie: StareFarm, clearly state not covered for Professional or Commercial. That requires a much higher cost policy that several don't write or offer.

Another advantage with the TotalTech... I discovered on a Nebraska BestBuy visit... waived Restocking Fees.

You have 60 days to return and if your State has a Restocking Fee, that Restocking Fee is waived for TotalTech Members.

Totaltech is still part of the BestBuy's GeekSquad.
Correct… Or more direct… Purchase BB Total Protection, includes full GeekSquad, home installs, free 2 shipping, no restock fees, small fee replacements, etc. GeekSquad is included in Total Protection.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78