DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beware of .900

Every firmware has flaws. DJI is much better than most!

Even Apple has flaws and flaws and flaws. They've successfully jailbroken every FW Apple has created.

DJI's issue is the lack of a good Beta program.
I could be wrong here but DJI will never have a good beta program. Who is gonna test their software for them when a known risk going in is a crash due to whatever bug you find for them.

Not necessarily true. The last successfully jailbroken version of Apple iOS was 9.3.5 I believe. That's going back what...2 years almost?

The truth is every firmware has been Jailbroken. Even the latest has been. 10.3.1 was the last one distributed to the world. It was garbage.

Wow I wouldn't blame the guy if he never came back on this site. Instead of offering help and advice ( maybe I'm wrong but I thought that was sorta the point here) let's all see how bad we can make the guy feel and make fun of him. Some of you did offer helpful info, but most of you just had a contest to see who could be the bigger ***.
Good job guys.
The issue as far as I am concerned is the "scare tactic" subject to get someone to read it.

I recently received a brand new mavic after mine was broken due to wind. I flew it a few times to get back in the saddle. I did not have time to update the drone to .900. Last night I finally had an opportunity to dive in. It failed. I was worried about my mavic being bricked so I took it outside to fly it at about knee height just to verify it would still fly. The props started and I gave it a little throttle it took off straight up. It would not stop no mater what I did. I held the down trottle to force a landing. It then fell out of the sky and broke my gimbal and a front leg. Please think twice before you you update.

Update: I received an email from DJI today. It was interesting.
I joined this forum to help others and maybe learn something about my new drone. I have been flying for many years. Mostly DJI equipment. I have seen in other posts how some of you know it all bastards want to be real hateful to anyone. Not uplifting, not helpful, and down right rude. Instead of asking questions about the incident you boldly state "PILOT ERROR". Your quick claim to the cause of my crash is short sighted and immature. There were a small number of you who offered suggestions and asked questions. To those thank you I hope you keep that up and make this community better. To the rest of you
09ca6c42ef0f1452c2711fec7fd76bb7.jpg
this is the evaluation from DJI. They advised me it was covered under warrantee there was an error with the drone that caused it to crash not pilot error. Those know it alls can eat a bowl full of big fat dicks.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Glad it worked out in your favor.

I recently received a brand new mavic after mine was broken due to wind. I flew it a few times to get back in the saddle. I did not have time to update the drone to .900. Last night I finally had an opportunity to dive in. It failed. I was worried about my mavic being bricked so I took it outside to fly it at about knee height just to verify it would still fly. The props started and I gave it a little throttle it took off straight up. It would not stop no mater what I did. I held the down trottle to force a landing. It then fell out of the sky and broke my gimbal and a front leg. Please think twice before you you update.

Update: I received an email from DJI today. It was interesting.
I joined this forum to help others and maybe learn something about my new drone. I have been flying for many years. Mostly DJI equipment. I have seen in other posts how some of you know it all bastards want to be real hateful to anyone. Not uplifting, not helpful, and down right rude. Instead of asking questions about the incident you boldly state "PILOT ERROR". Your quick claim to the cause of my crash is short sighted and immature. There were a small number of you who offered suggestions and asked questions. To those thank you I hope you keep that up and make this community better. To the rest of you
09ca6c42ef0f1452c2711fec7fd76bb7.jpg
this is the evaluation from DJI. They advised me it was covered under warrantee there was an error with the drone that caused it to crash not pilot error. Those know it alls can eat a bowl full of big fat dicks.

LOL nice. Strange about it flying straight up the way it did. That happened to me on my second flight trying to auto land. Luckily i was able to regain control. Congrats on getting your problem solved!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb