DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beware of .900

masaphotog

Reactions
I recently received a brand new mavic after mine was broken due to wind. I flew it a few times to get back in the saddle. I did not have time to update the drone to .900. Last night I finally had an opportunity to dive in. It failed. I was worried about my mavic being bricked so I took it outside to fly it at about knee height just to verify it would still fly. The props started and I gave it a little throttle it took off straight up. It would not stop no mater what I did. I held the down trottle to force a landing. It then fell out of the sky and broke my gimbal and a front leg. Please think twice before you you update.

Update: I received an email from DJI today. It was interesting.
I joined this forum to help others and maybe learn something about my new drone. I have been flying for many years. Mostly DJI equipment. I have seen in other posts how some of you know it all bastards want to be real hateful to anyone. Not uplifting, not helpful, and down right rude. Instead of asking questions about the incident you boldly state "PILOT ERROR". Your quick claim to the cause of my crash is short sighted and immature. There were a small number of you who offered suggestions and asked questions. To those thank you I hope you keep that up and make this community better. To the rest of you
09ca6c42ef0f1452c2711fec7fd76bb7.jpg
this is the evaluation from DJI. They advised me it was covered under warrantee there was an error with the drone that caused it to crash not pilot error.

Last edited:
It was the wind's fault?

I was approximately 250 feet into the air when the wind started to blow I turned the Mavic to bring it home as to not crash at the wind caught the gimbal and broke one of the fingers off the plate mount it was covered

Why would you fly it after the update failed? Should of restarted the update or at the very least came here and asked what to do next. The title should read, beware don't fly if your update

I wasn't the one that chose to fly it. I spun the motors up to make sure they worked it decided to fly it self.

Maybe you should write a book of your memoirs.

Maybe you should upload your flight logs to prove you were not at fault.

Nine times out of ten, it's not the Mavic at fault when things like this happen. It's user error until proven otherwise.

I'm going to go ahead and call blocked downward sensors resulting in Mavic not knowing how far off the ground it was when OP told it to take off.

My drone memoirs...

Bought it with .700 firmware, first time i used it i was informed there was a new firmware. I updated, took about 15 mins.
Did some flights, all worked.
A week later i was informed of a new firmware, .900. I updated, i flew, it worked. And it continues to work 6 weeks or so later.

That i would guess is what the vast majority of mavic users experience.

Maybe you should upload your flight logs to prove you were not at fault.

Nine times out of ten, it's not the Mavic at fault when things like this happen. It's user error until proven otherwise.

I'm going to go ahead and call blocked downward sensors resulting in Mavic not knowing how far off the ground it was when OP told it to take off.

What could possibly block the sensor. It was on a sidewalk.

I wasn't the one that chose to fly it. I spun the motors up to make sure they worked it decided to fly it self.

And that was obviously too much already. A failure is a failure, you don't do anything until that failure is corrected. Especially not with props on...

And that was obviously too much already. A failure is a failure, you don't do anything until that failure is corrected. Especially not with props on...

I tried it first without props. No errors no warnings no strange behavior.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman